Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
Sailing on Geronimo
Team McLube

The Publisher

Nov 9, 2005, 7:55 PM

Post #1 of 1 (14438 views)
Shortcut
Sailing on Geronimo Log-In to Post/Reply

Since Geronimo was in San Diego, I had the chance to go for a sail today. Really cool, both the boat and the team. It had been awhile since I raced Tornados, so the multihull thing was a bit foreign. However, the boat seemed easy to sail, and the helm was really light. We only had 8 knots, so I imagine things can get pretty hairy, pretty fast in the big breez. You needed binnoculars to see the friggin' third reef, and the jib had hand holds sewn in every few feet to help handle it. Lots of control lines just to keep things under control. The next time we report on these super multis sailing in big breeze, I will have renewed respect for the sailors onboard.

I quickly put a short story and photos together today for Scuttlebutt, but there's more coming. Feel free to reply in the meantime. Also saw the much maligned Genuine Risk in the same yard. Pretty amazing set-up they have, with all the work shop containers, etc. They are getting ready to head off to the Carribean circuit, where they will match up against Morning Glory, and hopefully Maximus too.

- Craig Leweck, Scuttlebutt

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules