Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
Trashman sinking on Discovery Channel
Team McLube

axolotl

Nov 8, 2005, 8:42 PM

Post #1 of 3 (29426 views)
Shortcut
Trashman sinking on Discovery Channel Log-In to Post/Reply

Anybody see this "I Shouldn't be Alive!" account of the sinking of Trashman 50 miles off the US East Coast? Quite a sad tale of how to go about things wrong when a storm pipes up.

Montrose

Nov 9, 2005, 5:09 AM

Post #2 of 3 (29408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [axolotl] Trashman sinking on Discovery Channel [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I hadn't seen it, but I Googled the story and came up with this from the Boston Globe:

...the awesome story of two women and three men who set sail in 1982 from Bar Harbor, Maine, for Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on a yacht named the Trashman. Early on, the boat is pounded by a storm which leaves them with no engine, no sails, and finally, when a cabin window breaks, no boat. The five quickly make it onto an inflatable rubber dinghy, all of them unharmed except Meg, who is bleeding from bone-deep wounds. But as the days stretch on, each person becomes increasingly sapped and broken...

It gets worse: http://www.boston.com/...i_shouldnt_be_alive/

------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Elvestrom, "If, in the course of victory you have not won the respect of your competitors, you have won nothing at all."

SA#1

Nov 9, 2005, 7:30 AM

Post #3 of 3 (29389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Montrose] Trashman sinking on Discovery Channel [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

The book "Albatross" is worth reading. It tells the entire story first hand. Two of the guys went crazy from drinking salt water.

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules