Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
scows
Team McLube

jo-mama

Nov 4, 2005, 11:40 AM

Post #1 of 8 (21709 views)
Shortcut
scows Log-In to Post/Reply

Who likes scows? A,E,C,MC,M16,I20,M17...........

trouble

Nov 4, 2005, 11:52 AM

Post #2 of 8 (21697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jo-mama] scows [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Moma, what is the scoop on the E vote this weekend. As the new boat on the west coast, I plan to call MBW on monday and try and order the conversion kit regardless of the vote. Any truth to the rumor that there will be some attempt to ease the bowsprit in gradually?

Fear and loathing in the ILYA part deux?
Life is to short to hang with players who just can't play.

jo-mama

Nov 4, 2005, 11:58 AM

Post #3 of 8 (21693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [trouble] scows [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I've not heard much.
Looks like everbody is waiting for the meeting and the board recommendation?

I would think the ballets will be mailed shortly. Still have to wait for the tally.

The Publisher

Nov 4, 2005, 1:38 PM

Post #4 of 8 (21668 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Moma, what is the scoop on the E vote this weekend. As the new boat on the west coast, I plan to call MBW on monday and try and order the conversion kit regardless of the vote. Any truth to the rumor that there will be some attempt to ease the bowsprit in gradually?

Fear and loathing in the ILYA part deux?

Can you fill us in on what the E Scow class is considering? Thanks!

- Craig Leweck, Scuttlebutt

jo-mama

Nov 4, 2005, 2:56 PM

Post #5 of 8 (21646 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] scows [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

"The word on the streets is that the recommendation of the E Board will be to allow a gradual phase in of the asymmetric over the next few years. The one designer's (old design) will sail for the existing trophies, the new asymmetric will sail for their own trophies. Nothing has been determined so it is said as to whether a common start or a second start would be established. The primairy concern is that of keeping the fleet together as one fleet. Past scow politics have greatly influenced this. Many feel it is necessary to keep both groups as one.

Whatever gets decided in Chicago will still need a 2/3rds vote of the class members for any ratification or change. The feeling is that a 2/3rds majority vote for it will be pretty hard to get." ...ilyascow

trouble

Nov 4, 2005, 4:35 PM

Post #6 of 8 (21626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] scows [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I basically boils down to the fact that the cheap well booze, blue blazer, John Denver crowd wants to stick with the dinosaur age and symetrical chutes. The Redbull and Jagermeister, hat on backwards, 50 on the ipod crowd IS GOING to masthead A kites. The big question is how many are going to step up and convert and how many are going to take up golf?
Life is to short to hang with players who just can't play.

jo-mama

Nov 11, 2005, 10:31 AM

Post #7 of 8 (21411 views)
Shortcut

Hey Pub,

whats the skinny on the E scow a-kite issue?

dierk

Nov 11, 2005, 2:37 PM

Post #8 of 8 (21401 views)
Shortcut
A-Sail [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

The issue was debated long at the NCESA Directors Meeting in Chicago on November 5th

The short highlight minutes have been posted as pdf on the website http://e-scow.org

Essentially the issue wil be going to the Regular Membership in January for a vote.

We are going to providing full informaton to the membership at Fleet Meetings, the website, a new discussion forum and direct mailings.

Keep your eye on the class website for more details.

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules