Classy Act By Yacht Club Staff!
Team McLube

TackGybe

Nov 3, 2005, 3:54 PM

Post #1 of 4 (19199 views)
Shortcut
Classy Act By Yacht Club Staff! Log-In to Post/Reply

From the New York Yacht Club email newsletter:

As you know on Monday August 29th, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast. The death toll from that awful storm is over 1,300, and the damage to property may be as much as $130 billion. In those numbers is the clubhouse of the Southern Yacht Club (SYC) in New Orleans. First it was 100+mph hurricane-force winds, then a storm surge and finally a fire that devastated the clubhouse.

The NYYC staff was touched by this tragedy and organized a $32,000 donation to aid affected Southern Yacht Club staff by foregoing their staff Christmas parties and combining these funds with proceeds from the yard sale recently held at Harbour Court.

market

Nov 3, 2005, 4:22 PM

Post #2 of 4 (19191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TackGybe] Classy Act By Yacht Club Staff! [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I'm curious as to the contributions of the club members
God Bless You

Butt Pirate/o\
Deleted

Nov 3, 2005, 4:28 PM

Post #3 of 4 (19185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [market] Classy Act By Yacht Club Staff! [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

The other sailing forum that I used to frequent has members from all over. I recall many of them from the Gulfcoast organizing for a recovery effort with the help of the forum even. I don't know if it became anything. Probably not, they are a bunch of blow hards over there.

duckydinghy

Nov 4, 2005, 9:12 AM

Post #4 of 4 (19101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [market] Classy Act By Yacht Club Staff! [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

While I am sure that the New York Yawkt Club has plenty of deep pockets that have helped a lot, but what is interesting to me is that this is the STAFF that is sacrificing! (and at a place like that, the staff is in many cases hotel-like employees).

Quite a wonderful gesture!

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules