Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
Best Online A/C Race Viewing Source?
Team McLube

splash200

May 18, 2007, 6:54 AM

Post #1 of 2 (5582 views)
Shortcut
Best Online A/C Race Viewing Source? Log-In to Post/Reply

What are the best online options for viewing the LV Cup? Do they require software download and extra-high bandwidth?

Thanks

The Publisher

May 18, 2007, 9:21 AM

Post #2 of 2 (5581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splash200] Best Online A/C Race Viewing Source? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Scuttlebutt has a list of good links here: http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/news/07/acup

The options to view the races depends on the country you live in. If there is a television network that holds the broadcast rights to the ACUP, than your only option is television. If you live in one of the few countries that are open, than you can buy an ACUP subscription to watch online at www.sail.tv

The other option regardless of where you live is the online, race animation on America's Cup Anywhere - Live Sailing (listed in the Scuttlebutt links). This is pretty slick as it gives you all the data, and the races can either be watched live or viewed in the archives later in the day. I find myself watching in the US on Versus, but going to Live Sailing during the commercials.

Also, the free online radio is pretty good. No software is needed for any of the options, and I am assuming that dial-up will be too slow to work.

- Craig Leweck, Scuttlebutt

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules