Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
America's Cup in Canada
Team McLube

jboats80

Apr 2, 2007, 12:43 PM

Post #1 of 6 (11796 views)
Shortcut
America's Cup in Canada Log-In to Post/Reply

Anybody have any info on Canadian broadcasting of the event. OLN Canada is not carrying it this time. Thanks

The Publisher

Apr 3, 2007, 9:12 AM

Post #2 of 6 (11774 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jboats80] America's Cup in Canada [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Update on ACUP coverage in Canada:

ACM and Alcatel-Lucent, the Official New Media Provider for the 32nd America's Cup, are working hard to finalise a deal with TSN that will provide broadcast/online coverage of the 32nd America's Cup in Canada.

At this stage, TSN/TSN.ca will look to provide the following coverage:

=> 6 x "wrap-up" Highlight Programmes (produced at the conclusion of each stage of the event) to be screened on TSN. There is the possibility of additional coverage on TSN2.

=> TSN.ca to webcast (live and on-demand) all races from the start of the Louis Vuitton Cup Final through to the conclusion of the 32AC Match (available in Canada only)

Canadians can also follow the races of the 32nd America's Cup live and virtual (including audio commentary by AC Radio) by subscribing to "America's Cup Live Sailing" by Alcatel-Lucent. This service can be found at www.americascupanywhere.com. Daily video news clips of the racing will also be produced and posted on this website.

Thanks for your interest...

Peter Rusch
Media and Communications

32nd America's Cup
Edificio Varadero
Port America's Cup
PO Box 6032
46011 Valencia - Spain

www.americascup.com

RichardS

Apr 3, 2007, 6:47 PM

Post #3 of 6 (11762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] America's Cup in Canada [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Well, the AmericasCupAnwhere webcast service was pretty bad today, with no live coverage, and no results until well after they were available on other websites (they did manage to produce a record of the race, which can be replayed, but not until hours after the finish). For a subscription service this really sucks.

I hope this is not another replay of the Virtual Spectator debacle.

RichardS

Apr 6, 2007, 7:39 AM

Post #4 of 6 (11718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RichardS] America's Cup in Canada [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Is anyone else out there trying to use the America's Cup Live Sailing webcast? This service costs $40 US, and so far has not worked, at least for me. Archived races can be replayed, but the live coverage fails.

This morning I did manage to see live coverage of race 5 up until 1:12 before the start, at which point it first stopped, then crashed entirely.

I frankly expected a lot better from Alcatel-Lucent (although, come to think of it, I'm not sure why...)

Richard

obsession01

May 5, 2007, 7:02 AM

Post #5 of 6 (11426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RichardS] America's Cup in Canada [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I have had very good luck with Americascupanywhere. Been watching every race and only had one day that there was no audio. Sounds like the problem is either your computer or ISP.

Steve Gregory

May 9, 2007, 5:48 AM

Post #6 of 6 (11371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jboats80] America's Cup in Canada [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Did you see the blurb in scuttlebutt about TSN? Maybe they have their show schedule online: http://www.tsn.ca

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules