Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD?
Team McLube

Fr Bandersnatch

Mar 19, 2007, 9:16 AM

Post #1 of 22 (131814 views)
Shortcut
Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? Log-In to Post/Reply

I see a write up that does not tell us who won the trip to the finals in BVI.

The Publisher

Mar 19, 2007, 4:34 PM

Post #2 of 22 (131776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fr Bandersnatch] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

The regatta report wasn't available online when the Monday issue was published, so we highlighted the J/105 and 29er classes, which were the largest keelboat and dinghy classes (is the 29er a "National Offshore One Design"?). Just didn't have room for much more. The final wrap-up story now posted on the Sailing World website.

SailRacer1

Mar 21, 2007, 8:59 AM

Post #3 of 22 (131727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Not good enough 'publisher'. We want to know the overall winner.

Sail Safe!

WTF!!!

Mar 21, 2007, 11:24 AM

Post #4 of 22 (131714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SailRacer1] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

So MUCH B.S.

The reason why they do not mention the overall winner is because the OVER ALL winner (chosen by Sailing World) was

"ANARCHY" The new Flying Tiger and one of the owners is Scot Tempesta who also owns and is the editor of the most popular sailboat racing website "SAILING ANARCHY".

The new editor here and Scot used to work together ( a little) But now they HATE each other............

GOOD TIMES!!!

SailRacer1

Mar 21, 2007, 11:51 AM

Post #5 of 22 (131707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WTF!!!] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I am sorry, I thought this sight was one that is not biased and created for sailors by sailors.

If I wanted that kind of attitude I could just go back to racing in WLIS. Jeeez.

Sail Safe!

The Publisher

Mar 21, 2007, 12:01 PM

Post #6 of 22 (131705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WTF!!!] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Not sure what we are supposed to do. We get a great 1,000 word final report on the NOOD that we need to fit into the 3,000 word Monday issue. We can't excerpt it as it's not posted anywhere online. We are now 2 1/2 hours late from publishing, tired on a Sunday night, and my kid has a school project that we need to finish up. So I do the best I can, and grab a bit of info from two of the biggest classes, and link to the results. Heck, I felt bad about leaving out info on the clearly competitve Beneteau 36.7 fleet, or not commenting on the 18-boat I-14 class (all of which likely travelled to SD). As for you conspiracy theorists, believe what you want.

WTF!!!

Mar 21, 2007, 12:08 PM

Post #7 of 22 (131687 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Craig, you say

"As for you conspiracy theorists, believe what you want."

WTF ----------Craig the truth hurts FACE IT BRO..

Heck I feel bad too.........Bad that you can not report facts.........like a journalist would.........

WTF!!!

Mar 21, 2007, 1:09 PM

Post #8 of 22 (131661 views)
Shortcut

FYI........

From SA Front page............

He Hate Me

It is not exactly a secret that I don't like Scuttledbutt US, primarily because they locked me out of their little circle jerk of friends years ago when I tried to get a couple of letters published and they rejected them. Their exclusion actually became my primary motivation to start SA. I'd say it all worked out pretty well! We now find it funny and actually a bit pitiful that those jack asses continue their bias against me to this day. Take a look at how they "reported" the 2006 NOOD - nearly the entire piece was about the overall winner, but this year they didn't mention the overall winner at all. They couldn't possibly have omitted that part of the story just because it was me? It is biased, chicken shit "journalism", delivered by chumps. Thanks for the continued motivation, you two idiots.

HNRT

Mar 21, 2007, 2:02 PM

Post #9 of 22 (131654 views)
Shortcut

How do you SA folks say it... "bring out the popcorn." I think what I have learned so far is that Scott (and his minions) is sad that Scuttlebutt felt it was more important to focus on some big winners in some big classes, rather than focus on the winner of a subjective award. Also, that Scott is an egotistical dweeb that has an enormous chip on his shoulder, and seems to need either a hug or another SD catholic priest to fondle him. As for Scott being ignored by Scuttlebutt in the early days, wasn't that during his drug period, when most anyone with an ounce of sense was ignoring him. He got the boot from Sobstad, went to rehab, and came out as the savior to the sport, creating SA to get back at everyone who has not given him the respect he feels he (and only he) deserves. Really folks, move on.

Montrose

Mar 22, 2007, 5:58 AM

Post #10 of 22 (131614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HNRT] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Scott is definitely a poser, and it was nice to see him come clean with his HE HATE ME post. His days as a SD sailmaker were plagued with controversy, where he PO'd as many people as beloved him. Beauty is that he could have cared less, except when he came to respect. He was a big fish in the local SD handicap scene, but SD has some big hitters, and they didn't play phrf. Scott felt he deserved respect as a big hitter too, but didn't get it (nor did he deserve it with his abrasive attitude and his circle of mostly questionable characters). So he starts SA, and lashes out at those that have dissed him. Pretty interesting how everyone has bought into it. Could assume that all SA loyalists are in the same boat as Scott - not getting enough respect, but now are empowered by the anonymity of the internet and become superheros on the SA forum. Great trend, eh.

The topper is this NOOD recognition. His class was among the smallest, with the point spread from top to bottom (1 thru 8) greater than every class (where the guy in eighth actually raced). He probably wants to be on the Rolex ballot now. I think the only folks crazier than Scott are those that voted him as best in the event. A look at the results below gives it to the J105 or one of the Benni classes, hands down.

SD NOOD results: http://www.sdyc.org/...sults07/NOOD_res.htm

Hindgrinder

Mar 22, 2007, 8:04 AM

Post #11 of 22 (131597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Montrose] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

One of the smallest class's,,,, let's see now,, the first boat sold and delliverd to the states was less than 4 months ago, 10 out of 23 boats now sold are in the SD area, 8 of the 10 show for a race.
Pretty good turn out for a class when you consider how many 105's and Bennieslows are in the SD area.
Just like your Butt buddy you call the Kettle black, you got no class.
Cheap shots abound when you lobby Huh!
Drug and rehab problems, what's that got to do with anything, just pokin' away tryin' to build yourself up.
You got nothin'.

Hindgrinder

Mar 22, 2007, 8:08 AM

Post #12 of 22 (131596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HNRT] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

In Reply To
How do you SA folks say it... "bring out the popcorn." I think what I have learned so far is that Scott (and his minions) is sad that Scuttlebutt felt it was more important to focus on some big winners in some big classes, rather than focus on the winner of a subjective award. Also, that Scott is an egotistical dweeb that has an enormous chip on his shoulder, and seems to need either a hug or another SD catholic priest to fondle him. As for Scott being ignored by Scuttlebutt in the early days, wasn't that during his drug period, when most anyone with an ounce of sense was ignoring him. He got the boot from Sobstad, went to rehab, and came out as the savior to the sport, creating SA to get back at everyone who has not given him the respect he feels he (and only he) deserves. Really folks, move on. What a bunch of crap, cheap shot's,your lower than your remarks, get a life butt head.

Hindgrinder

Mar 22, 2007, 8:09 AM

Post #13 of 22 (131594 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Not sure what we are supposed to do. We get a great 1,000 word final report on the NOOD that we need to fit into the 3,000 word Monday issue. We can't excerpt it as it's not posted anywhere online. We are now 2 1/2 hours late from publishing, tired on a Sunday night, and my kid has a school project that we need to finish up. So I do the best I can, and grab a bit of info from two of the biggest classes, and link to the results. Heck, I felt bad about leaving out info on the clearly competitve Beneteau 36.7 fleet, or not commenting on the 18-boat I-14 class (all of which likely travelled to SD). As for you conspiracy theorists, believe what you want. Liar.

Burping Tiger

Mar 22, 2007, 8:35 AM

Post #14 of 22 (131583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hindgrinder] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

30 sold already. With #30 on her way to King Harbor, arriving next week (this class is definitely a failure. With only 8 boats on the line, the FT10 class will never make to the 10 entries of the 36.7. Even the 6 entries of the J109 are a dream).

Burp!

In Reply To
One of the smallest class's,,,, let's see now,, the first boat sold and delliverd to the states was less than 4 months ago, 10 out of 23 boats now sold are in the SD area, 8 of the 10 show for a race.
Pretty good turn out for a class when you consider how many 105's and Bennieslows are in the SD area.
Just like your Butt buddy you call the Kettle black, you got no class.
Cheap shots abound when you lobby Huh!
Drug and rehab problems, what's that got to do with anything, just pokin' away tryin' to build yourself up.
You got nothin'.

Sol Rosenberg

Mar 22, 2007, 11:55 AM

Post #15 of 22 (131533 views)
Shortcut

If you are going to report on the regatta, report on the regatta, and credit all of the winners, no matter how unpalatable that might be, due to personal reasons. Leaving someone out, due to the reasons that you cite, is just plain petty, and deserving of a boot in the nuts, as is vomiting someone's personal history on the interweb.

Burping Tiger

Mar 22, 2007, 12:15 PM

Post #16 of 22 (131526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sol Rosenberg] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Yeah, that reference to personal history is pretty lowlife... I wonder why that msg has not been deleted. Hindgrinder has been booted, though. Apparently you can't tell a thing about the publisher, but you can vomit whatever you want on the others. Sad place. I think I'll just leave.

Burp!

In Reply To
If you are going to report on the regatta, report on the regatta, and credit all of the winners, no matter how unpalatable that might be, due to personal reasons. Leaving someone out, due to the reasons that you cite, is just plain petty, and deserving of a boot in the nuts, as is vomiting someone's personal history on the interweb.

The Publisher

Mar 22, 2007, 3:20 PM

Post #17 of 22 (131482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Burping Tiger] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

FYI... no posts have been deleted from this thread by Hindgrinder or anyone else. You guys need to chill. Your savior seems to have:

-----Original Message-----
mailto:scot@nethere.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:10 PM
To:
craig@sailingscuttlebutt.com
Subject: Re:

i appreciate your response. i know all about the kid thing. how old are yours now?

Craig Leweck wrote:
Hi Scot: Congrats on your overall win. Sorry we didn't include it in Scuttlebutt (and that you felt slighted), but I had to help my kids with some school projects that night, and I couldn't wait any longer for the final NOOD report before the Monday issue needed to be published (though we did publish over two hours late waiting). I am sure you know how that is. We did mention some great achievements though, that being by the J/105 and 29er classes, which surely you were impressed by as well. Judge Ryan is a great kid, and it is nice to see him doing so well in the 29er class (and that the class had a 21 boat fleet). As for the J/105 class, Gary Mozer deserves his props, as he grabs the NOOD title after winning the J/109 class in Key West. The guy's on a roll. Anyway, see ya around.

Hindgrinder

Mar 22, 2007, 6:35 PM

Post #18 of 22 (131457 views)
Shortcut

oh I get it now, you have to log in twice to get a ticket here.

Well, monty what about the cheap shot's, kick'em in the nuts to make you a better person?

Hindgrinder

Mar 22, 2007, 6:40 PM

Post #19 of 22 (131457 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
How do you SA folks say it... "bring out the popcorn." I think what I have learned so far is that Scott (and his minions) is sad that Scuttlebutt felt it was more important to focus on some big winners in some big classes, rather than focus on the winner of a subjective award. Also, that Scott is an egotistical dweeb that has an enormous chip on his shoulder, and seems to need either a hug or another SD catholic priest to fondle him. As for Scott being ignored by Scuttlebutt in the early days, wasn't that during his drug period, when most anyone with an ounce of sense was ignoring him. He got the boot from Sobstad, went to rehab, and came out as the savior to the sport, creating SA to get back at everyone who has not given him the respect he feels he (and only he) deserves. Really folks, move on. You got a hang up for happy priest's? or did you miss your life's calling?

gasmando

Mar 23, 2007, 5:40 AM

Post #20 of 22 (131421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fr Bandersnatch] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I think Scottie and scuttlebutt boy are scripting this like a pro wrestling match to jack up subscribers!
So I propose a CAGE MATCH on the water style!
We tie two sunfish together with 30 feet of line and handcuff thier ankles to the hiking straps. Standard sausage course. Who has a Venue.... Where is Mr. Clean? We will need photos.

SailRacer1

Mar 23, 2007, 12:26 PM

Post #21 of 22 (131380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gasmando] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Is this Scuttlebutt a non-profit back-of the house operation? I have been reading it here and from Europe for years and always thought the advertisers paid someone to do this.

The 'dog ate my homework' stuff is rich.

Sail safe!

jeffcarver

Mar 27, 2007, 2:30 PM

Post #22 of 22 (131081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SailRacer1] Who won overall at the San Diego NOOD? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

advertisers pay for both scuttlebutt and SA and every other publication on earth and cyber earth they sign up with

the hope is we will read (and buy) their products. Some advertise on SB, some on SA, some on neither and some on both.

what does this have to do wth this topic? nothing.

carv

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules