Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
Racing on the Cheap
Team McLube

Sinner

Nov 3, 2005, 10:05 AM

Post #1 of 8 (18546 views)
Shortcut
Racing on the Cheap Log-In to Post/Reply

Listen my buds, I hate to pimp my ride, but it seems there's a few good boats for less than the cost of a lousy car.

So when you consider what boat to get or reccommend to upgrade the program of the dude you sail with, you gotta think about where and what kind of sailing you do and prefer. My boat is a rather unique CF-27 (yeah the sistership to the PH racer D. Connor bought a few years ago that was written up in SW). This boat has a definate and major advantage in light air. But instead of getting hammered in moderate air, I have tuned it to go in 12Kts. It's still embarrasingly fast in the light stuff blowing the gelcoat off a J-30, etc.

It can be cruised shorthanded and even sails geat as a CATBOAT under main only in 5+ kts. And it has room to sleep 5 or 6 if you add a V-berth. Has a double under the cockpit for fooling around and two settees. This bad boy is turnkey to go racing...

There was one in Texas with a new yellow(!!) paint job (ugh, yellow draws bugs!). That lemon sold for about $18K. I used to bitch slap that turd hull 100% of the time when it was in LA. Totally established the pecking order to the point where the owner sold it to get out from under my boot.

There are other other cool boats available, but most are "all around" boats that will get you to the upper middle of the standings unless you are an awsome skipper. See, I try to go highjack the first race and then sail consistantly when the wind kicks up. Starting off with a single digit finish on the first race of an event is a good way to start.

If you've read this far, well, the price is $8,900. Klegecel cored hull (like Henderson construction) so there's no worrys about rotten balsa or bullshit like that! Why spend valuable weekend sailing time repairing some cheap-ass construction so a builder could pocket an extra $50 when it was new?

Three week old bottom (epoxied & faired) by the sled and Farr 40 guy here.

I post this here because the SA guys were mean and uncouth when I posted there.

Mummy

Nov 3, 2005, 10:17 AM

Post #2 of 8 (18541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sinner] Racing on the Cheap [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Pay up a$$hole. There ain't no free ride here either. Besides, didn't you win all those pickle dishes by giving yourself and unfair rating while you were on the PHRF board? Thought so!

Phat=Kat

Nov 3, 2005, 10:36 AM

Post #3 of 8 (18529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mummy] Racing on the Cheap [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Here we go again........

Sinner

Nov 3, 2005, 1:13 PM

Post #4 of 8 (18486 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mummy] Racing on the Cheap [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Who the fuck made you the forum queen. Why don't you go fist yourself on some other thread.

Why can't I just have a decent debate about my cheap phrf machine? Dennis Conner got a whole article in Sailing World about his....

Town Drunk

Nov 3, 2005, 3:58 PM

Post #5 of 8 (18441 views)
Shortcut

Have'nt you sold that thing yet?

Sinner

Nov 3, 2005, 3:59 PM

Post #6 of 8 (18439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Town Drunk] Racing on the Cheap [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I will have if you buy it! Only $8900 bucks! See SA classifieds for info.

Town Drunk

Nov 3, 2005, 4:03 PM

Post #7 of 8 (18437 views)
Shortcut

Already have a hole in the water, besides I here the CF is getting a rating knock anyway.

butt-head
Deleted

Nov 3, 2005, 4:10 PM

Post #8 of 8 (18431 views)
Shortcut

whooaaa!!! ah huh huh huh....this is the coolest site i have ever seen! ah huh huh huh....scuttle-BUTT...you said butt ah huh uh huh huh

um sinner...you're a dumbass!

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules