Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
Match Racing in the Newsletter
Team McLube

Lima

Nov 3, 2005, 9:50 AM

Post #1 of 7 (15970 views)
Shortcut
Match Racing in the Newsletter Log-In to Post/Reply

It is fun once in a while, but I just don't see that a lot of people will get into it. Too hard to do and down the priority list for most sailors (between one designs and other stuff)...

kyle

Nov 3, 2005, 10:35 AM

Post #2 of 7 (15960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lima] Match Racing in the Newsletter [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

last time I did it, it took forever. It was fun and I said I was going to do more...but never got around to it.....

market

Nov 3, 2005, 4:03 PM

Post #3 of 7 (15947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lima] Match Racing in the Newsletter [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I can't see why you ridicule match racing, afterall it is used in the America's Cup, the pinnacle of our sport!
God Bless You

John Tormey

Nov 3, 2005, 11:43 PM

Post #4 of 7 (15934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [market] Match Racing in the Newsletter [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Regarding Hardesty's desire (in the Scuttlebutt story this week) for San Diego YC to buy a fleet of keelboats to use for racing, are there clubs that do this? Must be nice.

msherman

Nov 4, 2005, 10:38 AM

Post #5 of 7 (15926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [market] Match Racing in the Newsletter [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

In Reply To
I can't see why you ridicule match racing, afterall it is used in the America's Cup, the pinnacle of our sport!

I don't see that as ridicule, just a valid observation that, while quite interesting, there isn't much of it going on. Certainly the America's Cup is quite an event, in its own way!

Reaching Around

Nov 4, 2005, 11:08 AM

Post #6 of 7 (15920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [msherman] Match Racing in the Newsletter [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

If you haven't match raced, give it a try. Far more intense than fleet or team racing.

As for fleets... Sail Newport runs a series in the summers with J22s. Many of the big YCs on the east coast have fleets... mostly used for team racing, but they use Sonar, Ideal 18s.

USA8016

Nov 7, 2005, 5:53 AM

Post #7 of 7 (15895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reaching Around] Match Racing in the Newsletter [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Can you give me info on the Newport match racing series? What weekends? Do they have boats to charter?

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules