Team McLube

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

southernman

Dec 20, 2006, 7:04 PM

Post #41 of 43 (33961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] Thank you Tom Leweck [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Tom,

My Pop Gary, my big brother Steve and I first met you sometime in the summer of 1967-68 I believe. My Pop was a member of WYC in Marina Del Rey. I was just learning to sail in my Sidney sabot with my Hokanson sail I helped make in the summer while attending Jr high school.

You and Sidney dominated our Muddy Feet, Tuesday night races during the summer. Sure the occasional race went to Allan Field or Allan Jewett or Tom and Jim Linskey outright, but when you fellers showed up--lights out. Crouching way down, flawless tactics up and down G basin, Corinthian behavior always. Who won more in the senior div. ? Sid or you ? Whoa...it was called the senior division 40 years ago. YIKES!
(Some good names up there, huh!)

It was my esteemed pleasure to be your bunkmate (in a manly way) on this years Cabo race, ...You are so freakin' organized and neet! Very nice.
I'll see you around the marina trying to keep up with your cycling....yeah I'm in a car.
Proud to have known you ( in a very respectful way) for close to 40 years.

Merry Christmas

Jeffry Matzdorff

southernman

Dec 22, 2006, 2:20 PM

Post #42 of 43 (33943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bob Pistay] Thank you Tom Leweck [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Cal 25....we had hull # 88. didn't race much. Tom convinced us to stick with our day jobs. He was prolific at winning and a good sport at all times.

They broke the mold

atefooterz

Jan 18, 2007, 4:59 AM

Post #43 of 43 (33925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southernman] Thank you Tom Leweck [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

"Onya Tom !!" since getting online in 2000 ,and almost immediately discovering Scuttlebutt , it has been my No1 sailing source for not only news and views but also some great new products and keeping updated on the lastest and fasted way to spend my yachtie dollars.

Thanks for the vision and forsight to create this global community.

Paul N aka 8`rz

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules