Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
New Boat Question
Team McLube

Sol Rosenberg

Nov 3, 2005, 7:04 AM

Post #1 of 26 (79339 views)
Shortcut
New Boat Question Log-In to Post/Reply

I have heard talk about a new boat and have not been able to find out much about it without receiving a heap of personal insults and abuse. Has anyone heard of the Flying Tiger 10 meter? What's all the hubbub?

Noncompusmentis
Deleted

Nov 3, 2005, 7:32 AM

Post #2 of 26 (79313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sol Rosenberg] New Boat Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Yo Sol…how’s the little woman? Contact Information Bill Stevens stevenscustom@aol.com (619) 778-8880 Bob Perry RHP@perryboat.com (206) 789-7212

blowhard

Nov 3, 2005, 7:38 AM

Post #3 of 26 (79306 views)
Shortcut

I hear they're up to hull #50 so far -- built in China like a brik teahouse, retractable keel 7.62', fits in a standard oceangoing container, costs only $44K (look out Buddy!) Look at page 120 of the October SAIL Magazine.

SassySandy
Deleted

Nov 3, 2005, 8:21 AM

Post #4 of 26 (79277 views)
Shortcut

I was in China and had a ride on the boat. It is very narrow for its length but it seems like a nice boat. She was moving pretty well in 4 knots of wind we had that day. I am not sure if I like the tiller, though.
What would you like to know, Sol?

Sol Rosenberg

Nov 3, 2005, 8:28 AM

Post #5 of 26 (79272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SassySandy] New Boat Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

How many bunks does it have, and does it have a good head? Is it good for overnighting?

SassySandy
Deleted

Nov 3, 2005, 9:13 AM

Post #6 of 26 (79237 views)
Shortcut

It has 6 bunks for the Chinese market model including the vbirth, which is quite comfortobale actually but for that big pole I kept on bumping into. Define a good head? I used the opening they have for the outboard, flaps open into the water and the seat is quite comfortable, except that the driver can't be peeking...

Roy S

Nov 3, 2005, 9:18 AM

Post #7 of 26 (79228 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Define good head?

WTF?

Longfoot

Nov 3, 2005, 9:31 AM

Post #8 of 26 (79210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roy S] New Boat Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

WTF Roy

Thebutthouse

Nov 4, 2005, 8:55 AM

Post #9 of 26 (79110 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I was in China and had a ride on the boat. It is very narrow for its length but it seems like a nice boat. She was moving pretty well in 4 knots of wind we had that day. I am not sure if I like the tiller, though.
What would you like to know, Sol?

Umm ya Sassy I was there too didn't see you or a Flying Tiger 10M as THEY HAVEN'T BUILT ONE YET....when you cum down from your China H high maybe you'll figure it out.....

Reaching Around

Nov 4, 2005, 11:14 AM

Post #10 of 26 (79072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Thebutthouse] New Boat Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Wow Butthouse.. quite the traveler you are. Tell me, how was China?

SLEEPY

Nov 4, 2005, 12:10 PM

Post #11 of 26 (79057 views)
Shortcut

sol, yes! ft10 - an excellent boat! can't wait to order one!

DastardlyDick
Deleted

Nov 4, 2005, 6:27 PM

Post #12 of 26 (78998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SLEEPY] New Boat Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

In Reply To
sol, yes! ft10 - an excellent boat! can't wait to order one!

Be sure to order one with dark or black hull to assure of maximum waterline when warm, and maximum possible speed when sailing.

SassySandy
Deleted

Nov 9, 2005, 9:37 AM

Post #13 of 26 (78871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Thebutthouse] New Boat Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Mr. Butthole, which comment should offend me the most - your ignorant comments when calling me a liar, or your allusions to me being high? You have not seen one FT10 - how would you if you spend your time on the sailing forums instead of sailing?

Mummy

Nov 9, 2005, 1:49 PM

Post #14 of 26 (78844 views)
Shortcut

Damn, where is my post calling you a liar too?! Get this straight SassyAndy, they haven't even built an FT10 yet so you could not have sailed on one. The first one is under construction now.

SassySandy
Deleted

Nov 9, 2005, 2:39 PM

Post #15 of 26 (78839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mummy] New Boat Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Mummy, how did you get the info that there are no FT10 on the water yet? Give us your source. 'Cause I saw it with my eyes, stepped on it with my feet and sailed it with my hands. What's your source?

Mummy

Nov 9, 2005, 2:56 PM

Post #16 of 26 (78838 views)
Shortcut

Feel free to call Bill Stevens at 619-778-8880. He is the builder and he will be happy to tell you that the first hull is in layup now. The first one should hit the water in December. Or you could call Bob Perry who designed it with input from the SA community based on the Anarchy 30 that was spec'ed by Bob Perry, Alan Hebert and the SA community 3 years ago. I was fairly involved in the whole process and know exactly the state of the FT10 and you have never sailed on one!

SassySandy
Deleted

Nov 9, 2005, 3:32 PM

Post #17 of 26 (78832 views)
Shortcut

You are failry involved means that you spend your time on the anarchy forums typing a lot about that boat? What the hell does that mean? I am very familiar with Bill and Bob and I know what I am talking about. Do you or are you just one of those anarchists with not a clue and a bugger sticking out of your nose?

Mummy

Nov 9, 2005, 3:43 PM

Post #18 of 26 (78827 views)
Shortcut

So, not only are you a liar, but you are an asshole too. Not very bright either I see. Bye bye.

SassySandy
Deleted

Nov 9, 2005, 3:46 PM

Post #19 of 26 (78826 views)
Shortcut

You must feel empowered talking to people on the forum. I will notice that you did not answer a single question I asked you. So if you wanna call people names, I got a couple for you: wanker and loser. Now go run back to your anarchy boys and tell them how you showed it to me. Quick, it's almost 7 pm, time for breastfeeding from your Mommy.

DastardlyDick
Deleted

Nov 9, 2005, 6:24 PM

Post #20 of 26 (78800 views)
Shortcut

Excuse me -
but since so many people can post what they want on most forums, I guess I would be pleased to see/know how it is you are sailing something that even the mainstream media hasn't reported as hitting the water...... and that's "Main Stream". Want to go further and look at what Scuttlebutt and other minor forums are reporting/discussing and I think you will find the same thing......... it's still in build, and photos of deck layup were only posted within the last month.

OK - now add in the post from Mr. Perry asking about possible sourcing for carbon masts posted today, and it seems once again, facts don't support your claim of having sailed the boat....... unless of course it was a dream from which you haven't yet awoken. If I recall correctly - going to their (FT10) website, the general info posted above by others far outweigh your claims of having sailed one. But of course, there is an explanation for everything, including perhaps not even identifying the Flying Tiger 10 Meter from other boats being built. It can't be a knock-off, since one needs at least one complete hull in order to build "splash" molds.

As it was in China where this sail took place, what day? Where (location)? With whom - unless singlehanded? All-in-all, unless you know something the designer and builder don't know, you are lying or have the FT10 confused with something else. In either case, your credibility is completely shot due to your stupid and moronic argument, and anything else you decide to post will be greeted by skepticism at best, and laughter, doubt and chortles at worst. This is truly a unique way to usher in a new forum, because if one can't believe in what is posted, why visit the forum or read responses from one such as yourself.

I suppose even if Mr. Perry were to personally post and have denials of your claims, he would be crazy to entertain your notions and ideas of what constitutes "information". Now, why not run along and go play/drive your 2008 Ford. Is it out there in the parking lot next to the 2009 prototype Farr 34.75?

JP

Nov 9, 2005, 6:25 PM

Post #21 of 26 (78799 views)
Shortcut

Sol; Go to SA forums, read the deisgners comments about the boat. He is honest and the boat probably will sail like a dream with the appropriate number of crew.

SassySandy
Deleted

Nov 11, 2005, 10:44 AM

Post #22 of 26 (78753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JP] New Boat Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

In Reply To
Sol; Go to SA forums, read the deisgners comments about the boat. He is honest and the boat probably will sail like a dream with the appropriate number of crew.

Do those "SA forums" have advertisements enclosed as forum messages like here? What is the url for those forums? Thanks!

JP

Nov 11, 2005, 12:20 PM

Post #23 of 26 (78736 views)
Shortcut

Don't really know about the adverts in the forum messages. I guess maybe the SA FT-10 forum is an advert. Just go to SA, top of the page go to forums and and find FT-10. By the way, I'm not pushing the SA forums, very little information in them. You just have to take the time to weed through the name calling.

Sol Rosenberg

Nov 17, 2005, 12:57 PM

Post #24 of 26 (78637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JP] New Boat Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

The boat is interesting, concept-wise, but I too can live without the name calling. Those people are animals on that forum. I ran into a gathering of them at a regatta where I went to say hello to some of the people I had been talking to from time to time. One of them mocked me about my age, and when I responded with an appropriate verbal boot in the nuts, he took my hairpiece and threw it in the water, then slapped the top of my silly bald head. The rest of them stood around laughing at me. They are horrible degenerates. I usually only get such treatment from my wife.

JP

Nov 20, 2005, 1:29 PM

Post #25 of 26 (78577 views)
Shortcut

Does your hairpiece rate under IRC? Bravura has a new 25 on the board.

sailstoo

Nov 25, 2005, 7:42 AM

Post #26 of 26 (78450 views)
Shortcut

Sol,

Fuhgedaboud the FT10. Y'really wanna buy a McGregor 26. Gives good head Laugh. Sleeps six.

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules