Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
Harnesses Really a Problem?
Team McLube

Chris Woods

Nov 3, 2005, 6:51 AM

Post #1 of 6 (15505 views)
Shortcut
Harnesses Really a Problem? Log-In to Post/Reply

Man, from the recent 'Butt letters to the editor it seems that using harnesses has a level of complications that are not very well known. Thank goodness that they do not need to be "tested" often, but I had never thought through the actual implications of what happens when one is in the water.

Chris
NYYC Team Racing

SassySandy
Deleted

Nov 3, 2005, 8:18 AM

Post #2 of 6 (15480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris Woods] Harnesses Really a Problem? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

My problem with the crotch straps for the harnesses is that they tend to ride up my foulies and also interfere with my foulie releif zipper so that if I sail and have a period and want to go to the bathroom to replace the pad I have to wrestle not only with the foulies but also with the crotch strap, and then my underwear rides up as well and causes rashes. Are there other methods to secure the harness without using the crotch strap?

Chris Woods

Nov 3, 2005, 8:23 AM

Post #3 of 6 (15477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SassySandy] Harnesses Really a Problem? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Most harnesses are around the torso

Chris
NYYC Team Racing

SassySandy
Deleted

Nov 3, 2005, 8:24 AM

Post #4 of 6 (15475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris Woods] Harnesses Really a Problem? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Chris, have you ever used a harness offshore? Do you know what a crotch strap for a harness is?

Sol Rosenberg

Nov 3, 2005, 8:32 AM

Post #5 of 6 (15470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SassySandy] Harnesses Really a Problem? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

The object you describe sounds more like the model B-9 Beefy Man Truss than a harness. Not that I have any experience with such a thing. The truss, not the harness. Wait. Oh boy, I'm confused again.

Mummy

Nov 3, 2005, 9:03 AM

Post #6 of 6 (15454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sol Rosenberg] Harnesses Really a Problem? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Sol, you need to keep up with the times. My crotch strap pinches my balls something fierce while sitting on the rail. I hate the thing but the idea of not using it is less pleasant.

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules