Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
What is on your gift list?
Team McLube

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Steven NED88

Nov 28, 2006, 6:13 AM

Post #41 of 73 (113462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Weekend Warrior] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

If you want to have sailing fun during the winter: get yourself a Micro Magic. In Holland almost 1900 boats have been registered to race. Fleets are also growing in Spain, France, Switserland, Portugal and Germany. UK website is starting up now: http://sailuk.org This is the cheapest and most fun way of sailing there is. No costs, no damage, pure racing adrenaline when competing with 20 boats at one time. 20 starts a day. International site: http://micromagic.info

Defenitely the best gift for Christamas there is!

This is not a commercial posting: I started the class in 2001 and want it also to become more international. It should.
Steven Oosterheert
Netherlands

DECK FLUFF

Nov 30, 2006, 7:07 PM

Post #42 of 73 (113414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I have loads of wishes but maybe i should not be so selfish ... so give me the $50 and i'll donate it to some cool sailing programme for kids, like Ellen's Trust!
thanks!

PJ_CAN

Dec 1, 2006, 2:33 AM

Post #43 of 73 (113412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Dear Santa.

I sail an Ultimate 20 in Ottawa. Unfortunately I will be moving away from our fleet of six boats to a smaller town where there are no Ultimate 20s. So for Christmas I would like 4 Ultimate 20s and a trailer and a truck to tow them. That way there will always be a fleet of Ultimate 20s when I go sailing.

Say hi to Mrs. Claus for me.

gomarylee

Dec 1, 2006, 6:32 AM

Post #44 of 73 (113405 views)
Shortcut

Wink I would like some new fenders, some new dock lines and a new jib for my Capri 26 and new jib sheets. I hope Santa is reading this list. Merry Christmas!
Marylee

In Reply To
The holiday season has begun, and now is a good time to get caught up on all th , e “must have” sailing gear. But what are these items? As we all are trying to figure out what we want, and what others want, we wanted the Scuttlebutt readers to help by commenting on the items they are considering for their sailing gift list.

Reply to this thread to post your list. Your gift list can be realistic, or it can a dream list. After you post your list, you can edit it later as needed, and even use the short-cut link to email your list to those people who are wondering what you want (only one list per person).

As a bonus, Scuttlebutt will randomly pick one gift list each week (for six weeks) and provide a $50 gift certificate for the winner to spend at any of the companies that are included as aClub Supplier on the Scuttlebutt website.
Note: Winners can win only once; the six gift certificates must be used at six different companies; gift lists must be sailing oriented.

anchorh

Dec 1, 2006, 7:14 AM

Post #45 of 73 (113403 views)
Shortcut

All I'm asking for is a bit more time to take my wife out sailing (perhaps this should be a New Year's resolution). She's willing to try and to learn. This past year the (very) few times that we were on the water, there was NO WIND. We sat and bobbed there literally for hours in the hot sun on a Force 5. She's still willing to give it another go. Being an hour-plus south of the Finger Lakes with virtually no sailable water nearby limits the opportunity for spur-of-the-moment "Let's go sailing" jaunts. Maybe Santabutt can work out a text message system from Sail Flow to my cell whenever conditions will be favorable in central NY.
Fair winds to all, and to all, sailing's delights.
Steve

Cameron

Dec 1, 2006, 11:07 AM

Post #46 of 73 (113395 views)
Shortcut

Dear SantaButt,

I have been a very good sailor this year and would like to wish for the following gifts:
A Transpac ride
4 new shoots (North, Doyle, UK, Ullman one of each) for the owner of the boat I will be sailing on.
Kaenon sunglasses for the crew's eyes
A Raider or Ribcraft for the friends and family of the crew to watch and for Sharon Green to take pictures of the Transpac start
DryUV crew shirts
Sailing Weather Service, WxAdvantage, or SailFlow for weather routing around the high.
Sperry seaboots for the crew's feet
Camet shorts for day 4 until the finish
Offshore backpacks for the shirts and shorts
Lastly, A huge finish party sponsored by Mount Gay Rum!

Oh and I hope nssailor get's his Tacktick instruments!

The Publisher

Dec 3, 2006, 11:45 AM

Post #47 of 73 (113349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nssailor] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Winner - Third week

For six weeks, Scuttlebutt will randomly choose a winner amongst the gift lists that have been posted. Each winner will get a $50 gift certificate to use at any of the suppliers listed on the Scuttlebutt website's 'Club Supplier' list.

The winner for the third week is...

nssailor, who earned himself a $50 gift certificate at Ocean Racing
Post link: http://sailingscuttlebutt.com/...m.cgi?post=3554#3554

Note: Winners can win only once; the six gift certificates must be used at six different companies - West Marine and Team One Newport have already been taken; gift lists must be sailing oriented.

rubberduck1232

Dec 3, 2006, 4:40 PM

Post #48 of 73 (113343 views)
Shortcut

Dear SantaButt,

My Wish List!

My skipper to stop yelling at his crew!
The tactician to stop going the wrong way!
My own boat so I can go the wrong way also something around 40 to 45 feet.
Sailing lessons for my wife so that she can enjoy sailing also! J World San Diego where it is warm!
A few Camet Kids Tee shirts for my Kids! See image below sizes SM and XS in red and in blue! You got to love this stuff! Since you are there a few shorts for the crew!!!
Gill sailing gloves XL!
Some new shoes!

That is pretty much it the rest I think I can handle!

Thanks

John

rbgarr
Deleted

Dec 3, 2006, 6:50 PM

Post #49 of 73 (113338 views)
Shortcut
What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I need a new mooring set-up for a friend in Massachusetts who wants to moor his Sanford Alerion in front of my house here in Maine. He'll come up on weekends to sail her, but of course I'll have to make sure everyhting works during the week, don't you know!

Because I'll be so busy sailing his boat during the week, I'll need a new boom tent for my Shields to keep her dry until it's her turn to go out on the weekends and kick the other boat's ass.

My wife wants this boat so she can come out and act as photo boat and informal RC for our match racing: http://tinyurl.com/y4clxz

starke

Dec 3, 2006, 8:18 PM

Post #50 of 73 (113338 views)
Shortcut

I would like:
  • a new cook for my 120 foot sailboat
  • suntan oil for the 40 foot runabout that fits in the stern of the sailboat
  • a speedo swim suit that fits and looks great on me
  • the physique to fit the speedo
A list for my crew:
  • air ticket to the Grenadines to join the sailboat
  • bikini
  • suntan oil
  • sun hat
  • glass for the rum

Fair winds
Charles

razz8112

Dec 4, 2006, 6:48 PM

Post #51 of 73 (113361 views)
Shortcut

I'm a 14-year-old laser sailor from wisconsin...

a north face hat for those frostbiting days (brrrrr) no need to match my teal drysuitTongue

new radial sail (i'm saving up but....driving to miami from up here for the orange bowl with a 6 year old sail can get old itself)

lower mast section -- mine's all up in a knot from a windy regattaBlush

brand new laser (hey a kid can dream can't she?? mine is 30 years old after all....)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

CK

Dec 4, 2006, 8:23 PM

Post #52 of 73 (113356 views)
Shortcut

-Pair of Musto exoskin winter gloves
-Pair of Gill one design boots
-Musto MPX Gore-Tex Race Salopettes (to go with my smock)
-Some Base and Mid Layers (for underneath)
-Dry Suit (for when it gets too cold up here in Wisconsin for just a smock and pants)
...and of course a new Melges-17 ready to race in the spring season.

Montrose

Dec 5, 2006, 9:19 AM

Post #53 of 73 (113337 views)
Shortcut

Dear SantaButt:

Here is my list -
  • Ocean Racing waterproof backpack
  • Kaenon sunglasses
  • Ultimate Sailing calendar (delivered by Sharon Green in an elf outfit)
  • Mount Gay (wouldn't it be nice if they had pre-mixed MG and tonic?)

Thanks!

The Publisher

Dec 10, 2006, 6:55 AM

Post #54 of 73 (113281 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PJ_CAN] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Winner - Fourth week

For six weeks, Scuttlebutt will randomly choose a winner amongst the gift lists that have been posted. Each winner will get a $50 gift certificate to use at any of the suppliers listed on the Scuttlebutt website's 'Club Supplier' list.

The winner for the fourth week is...

PJ_CAN, who earned himself a $50 gift certificate at Camet International.
Post link: http://sailingscuttlebutt.com/...m.cgi?post=3671#3671

Note: Winners can win only once; the six gift certificates must be used at six different companies - West Marine, Team One Newport, and Ocean Racing have already been taken; gift lists must be sailing oriented.

DS11750

Dec 10, 2006, 9:28 PM

Post #55 of 73 (113257 views)
Shortcut

I'd love to have a new set of molds for The Day Sailer, and some more people to sail them in Texas!

jdstone

Dec 11, 2006, 6:40 AM

Post #56 of 73 (113244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DS11750] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Dear SantaButt,

As you know I didn't start sailing until my early 30's and after thirty years of exposure to PHRF, IOR, and lots of one design racing - I still have alot to learn.

So, please give me an extra 20 years so that I can continue sailing my Etchells competitively, and maybe even wining a race or two at the Biscayne Bay annual Jaguar Cup and/or winning the club championship at Macatawa Bay.

And even if I don't win either, just being out there is gift enough.

Thanks,

J.D. Stone USA 1171

David Searle

Dec 11, 2006, 8:05 AM

Post #57 of 73 (113240 views)
Shortcut

One tricked out race committee boat with a trailer and truck to haul it around. Lots of power, good working foredeck, radar, windlass, heat, space below to work, and since it's Christmas, a working head...

Signal flags with poles etc.
Laptop set up for on-water scoring, wireless transfer of results to shore, and of course GPS charting
Full wind instrumentation, with data logging into laptop
VHF with remote control
Automatic sound signaller
Binos with built in compass
Rangefinder

And more regattas to go work!

Cruising Cat

Dec 13, 2006, 6:33 PM

Post #58 of 73 (113204 views)
Shortcut

We have been building this new boat for 11 years and we are finally ready to launch!

For our new, home built cruising catamaran we need the following:

Sospenders
Flares
Inflatable
engine for inflatable
flat screen tv
bose sound system
new foul weather gear (old stuff shot!)
utensils for the galley
drinkware for the bar (and yes...we do have one)
handheld GPS
Gold card for brand new Raymarine electronics

Thanks Santa

davidm

Dec 13, 2006, 6:48 PM

Post #59 of 73 (113202 views)
Shortcut

Blush Dear Santabutt, Please send lots of Harken hardware to me, plus a new set of Musto dinghy sailing gear. Maybe you can toss in some of those nifty Kaenon sunglasses!

shippy

Dec 14, 2006, 6:57 AM

Post #60 of 73 (113196 views)
Shortcut

1 Pair of Keen shoes
1 Pair of Kaenon sunglasses
1 carbon laser tiller and hiking stick
Collie Laser top and bottom cover

tsgriffin3

Dec 14, 2006, 7:05 AM

Post #61 of 73 (113195 views)
Shortcut

• a new duffel bag
  • some additional crewmembers
  • a photo of Alicia in her new bikini
  • world peace

Leanne

Dec 14, 2006, 8:03 AM

Post #62 of 73 (113192 views)
Shortcut

Dear Santabutt:

Last summer, not long after arriving, I attended a "Crew Match" party here in Portland, Maine (talk about a GREAT way to get people interested in sailing). Despite never having sailed before, I was welcomed aboard a Beneteau 456 and spend the summer sailing offshore up and down the Maine coast. At 40, I've found a real passion in life! I eat, sleep, talk, and dream sailing!

Now I'm "frostbiting" in a yngling series. Besides wishing for head to toe cold weather gear, I'd love the wisdom of 20 years of sailing experience. Reckon you've got room in your bag for that?

Leanne M. Reidy

GT Sailor

Dec 14, 2006, 9:00 AM

Post #63 of 73 (113189 views)
Shortcut

I'll be graduating from Georgia Tech tomorrow, after having put Sailing on a back burner for the last 3+ years. I just can't wait to get back on a boat, so this year I am asking for a full wet suit or dry suit from SantaButt, so that I can compete in the Laser winter series.

The Publisher

Dec 17, 2006, 8:08 AM

Post #64 of 73 (113159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anchorh] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Winner - Fifth week

The winner for the fifth week is...

anchorh, who earned himself a $50 gift certificate at ????.
Post link: http://sailingscuttlebutt.com/...m.cgi?post=3673#3673

Note: Winners can win only once; the six gift certificates must be used at six different companies - West Marine, Team One Newport, Ocean Racing, Camet International have already been taken; gift lists must be sailing oriented.

Grrrrr

Dec 19, 2006, 7:06 AM

Post #65 of 73 (113110 views)
Shortcut

Dear St. SantaButt:

Please deliver a lightweight but stong Fortress anchor so my daughter and I can sleep safely on the hook while visions of perfect 12kt days dance in our heads.
If you run out of Fortress anchors, I'll take a windlass, but I'd rather not have all that weight on the bow.

Thanks,
Sailing Mom

We could also use a new main...
Grrrrr

cksail

Dec 21, 2006, 9:01 AM

Post #66 of 73 (113083 views)
Shortcut

My gift wish for Christmas is just peace on earth (and at the starting line, finish line and all roundings). And also between the bow and helm--especially when the wind shifts six boat-lengths before the rounding. And between the main-trimmer and all the experts on the rail. And finally, peace in the protest hearings and PHRF rating committees. That's my gift list, but my poor ol' boat needs new standing rigging and sails, so she wishes for those new high-tech lines that seem to be replacing rod-rigging and a new #1, and maybe a tuck in her old but tested true main. And maybe as stocking stuffers some new light-weight blocks to replace the battered and bent ones (especially the main-sheet triple that just barely survived the pearl-dive off the north coast of Oahu). (And as a reminder to Santa, I put out a really good Port along with the large plate of double-fudge brownies.)

southernman

Dec 21, 2006, 4:48 PM

Post #67 of 73 (113078 views)
Shortcut

I have a wish list....

It's a simple list this year

Wind Wind Wind

No kelp monsters or nets on our rudder

-jm

Rick

Dec 21, 2006, 6:41 PM

Post #68 of 73 (113076 views)
Shortcut

I'd like to have one of the new Optimum charcoal wristwatches with the sync feature!

Rick

southernman

Dec 21, 2006, 11:48 PM

Post #69 of 73 (113072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rick] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Hadn't seen them before. Thanks!

soloslr

Dec 22, 2006, 6:45 AM

Post #70 of 73 (113068 views)
Shortcut

Our Junior Sailing program could use a few things:
  • Some of those cool pins that hold the wheels on Seitech dollies to replace the bent nails that are in half of our dollies
  • A new Laser sail to replace the one that blew out last year so the kids won't borrow mine
  • A couple of floating spinnaker poles for the 420s so the kids won't try to go diving for them
  • Four donated used Optis for the kids who can not afford them - with dollies, please
  • A lightly used 16 foot RIB with a serviceable engine and roadworthy trailer for the coaches
  • Two Lasers with full and radial rigs; non-leaky used ones would be fine
  • The Big One - three 29ers so that we can keep the kids interested once they have learned to sail 420s

Santa already knows we don't need better kids or better parents; we are fine with the great folks we already have.

The Publisher

Dec 22, 2006, 7:38 AM

Post #71 of 73 (113061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alicia] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Winner - Sixth week

For the past six weeks, Scuttlebutt has randomly choosen a winner amongst the gift lists that have been posted. Each winner has gotten a $50 gift certificate from one of the companies listed on the Scuttlebutt website's 'Club Supplier' list.

The winner for the sixth week is...

Alicia, who earned herself a $50 gift certificate at ????.
Post link: http://sailingscuttlebutt.com/...m.cgi?post=3552#3552

This was the final winner. Thank you to everyone that submitted their gift lists. Many great ideas! Best wishes and happy holidays from your friends at Scuttlebutt.

Alicia

Dec 22, 2006, 9:06 AM

Post #72 of 73 (113059 views)
Shortcut

Thank you Scuttle Claus!!

SueGeorge

Jan 28, 2017, 4:52 AM

Post #73 of 73 (7043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [proscriptus] What is on your gift list? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Yes, this is an old thread, but as it is about wish list I would share that one of friend wore a lovely pair of sunglasses that she ordered from this website. I really loved it and I badly want it. I hope I get to wear it at least once.

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules