Product Evaluation - Hybrid sandal/shoes
Team McLube

Curmudgeon
*** / Moderator

Sep 20, 2006, 1:18 PM

Post #1 of 2 (6651 views)
Shortcut
Product Evaluation - Hybrid sandal/shoes Log-In to Post/Reply

I love to wear sandals in warm weather, as do most of my sailing friends. However, I quickly leave my ‘comfort zone’ when I step aboard a boat wearing sandals, and would never consider wearing them while racing. So, for a lot of years, I’ve worn my sandals down to the dock and packed a pair of deck shoes to put on when I went sailing. No more.

I’ve just tested a pair of the new Seabago Siphon Overflow sandals on a two week trip that covered a lot of New England and ended up with a week of cruising on the Chesapeake. I wore them on long walks; I wore them shopping; I wore them to lunch and dinner and on all kind of boats and dinghies -- including while racing on a classic 55-footer on Narragansett Bay. They were perfect for all of those activities. The lined, waterproof leather uppers and the multiple instep straps were lightweight, cool and comfortable -- while delivering the stability and support you need on a race boat. They have great deck traction, and the rubber toe bumper really does its job. At the same time, the EVA ventilated foot-bed made them more comfortable than any sandal I’ve ever worn -- perfects for long walks or hiking. This is one hybrid product that excels both on the water and off. And they’re cool … in every sense of the word. See for yourself: http://www.sebago.com/...;PID=10998&STID=

Mummy

Oct 5, 2006, 11:48 AM

Post #2 of 2 (6029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Curmudgeon] Product Evaluation - Hybrid sandal/shoes [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Those look like a bulky imitation of a Keen. Have you tried the Keens, they are especially well suited to the activities you describe.

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules