Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
PHRF Question
Team McLube

Team MacGregor

Nov 2, 2005, 7:30 PM

Post #1 of 3 (11829 views)
Shortcut
PHRF Question Log-In to Post/Reply

Although I'm not much of a racer, I was thinking of putting my boat on the starting line to see if I might be able to shoe the big boys a thing or two. Does anyone know if there is a PHRF rating for my Mac26X? I don't want any crap slung my way, I just want to get on the line and see how I do. I have realistic expectations yet I would be interested in how these things rate. Your KIND help would be appreciated.

I have heard a bit about One Design racing but it doesn't sound too interesting to me at all. It is quite difficult to locate other owners willing to race. If they have One Design fleets for these boats, what rating do they use there?

lat21

Nov 2, 2005, 7:44 PM

Post #2 of 3 (11821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Team MacGregor] PHRF Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

In the Northwest, the Mac26 rates 241. That means against say a J105 which rates around 84 (some higher, some lower), they owe you 157 seconds per mile. So in a 3 mile WL race if you could finish within 7 minutes and 50 seconds, you beat them. Against the local TP52 rating (-66), in that 3 mile race, you would only need to finish within 15 mins 20 seconds and you win. How hard can that be?

2slow

Nov 3, 2005, 9:05 AM

Post #3 of 3 (11717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lat21] PHRF Question [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

If you sail in first, second, or third mode you will probably lose but in FOURTH mode you are sure to win line honors against the J and maybe even the TP

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules