Jan 29, 2020, 7:03 AM
Post #1 of 1
Dockmaster - Mamaroneck (Westchester County), NY
Log-In to Post/Reply
Beach Point Yacht Club is accepting positions for a Dockmaster. Beach Point is located at the mouth of Mamaroneck Harbor, New York, in western Long Island Sound.
The Dockmaster will supervise all facilities and activities involving the marina, the dock and Club owned boats. The Dockmaster will ensure upkeep of the Marina including cleaning up floating debris and other objects, inspecting docks and water supplies, as well as ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local guidelines.
• Assists Fleet Captain in assigning slip spaces to members and guests.
• Maintains and repairs the docks and dock areas.
• Keeps entire marina operational and in meticulous shape. Assures all areas are maintained and cleaned from floating trash, droppings, etc. The entire yard should have a professional look with clean pavement.
• Inspects docks, slips, lines, electrical and water supplies, etc. Lines should not be in water; water should not be dripping, and electrical connections should not be loose.
• Keeps marina operational from daylight savings in the spring to daylight savings in the fall.
• Ensures that marina is operated in compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory guidelines.
• Establishes and enforces security procedures for protection of members’, guests’ and employees’ property.
• Performs emergency duties in the event of hurricane, fire, accident or other disaster. Prepares for storms.
• Plans and implements seasonal start-up and seasonal shut-down activities for dock area. Oversees
boat hauling, launching & bottom painting.
• Maintains and cares for all Club-owned boats.
• Operate, maintain and store Club-owned crane.
• Limits the use of outside work on members’ boats to assigning crews for cleaning and off-season engine winterizing, waxing and compounding hauls. This individual work will be billed privately. In all other independent services, you will assist the members with referrals.
Staff, Payroll and Billing
• Schedules all personnel associated with dock area.
• Maintains records of hours worked by all employees and submits to accounting department for payroll purposes.
• Calculates and notifies Accounting department about dockage charges.
• Assists in making sailing program successful and provide assistance when necessary.
• Assists race committee relative to race starts, marks, trophies, burgees etc.
• Markets all aspects of BPYC programs.
The ideal candidate will be a highly enthusiastic marine professional with exceptional leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as have general knowledge of sailing and a thorough understanding of boats. US Sailing Level 1 certification or USCG licensing preferred but not required. CPR and First Aid certification required and provided.
Employment is full time. Schedule is approximately 6 days a week in season, 5 days a week April and October and 2 days a week November through march.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org