Aug 29, 2019, 5:58 PM
Post #1 of 1
Newport Harbor Yacht Club
Race Administrator, Newport Beach, CA
Log-In to Post/Reply
To provide a physical and social environment for our members and families to pursue and to perpetuate the highest ideals of yachting, yacht racing and sportsmanship; to assure regional and international leadership in the sport.
Title: Race Administrator/Webmaster
Reports to: Yacht Racing Director, General Manager, in collaboration with Yacht Racing Council, Race Committee, Regatta Chairpersons, Regatta Volunteers, Protest Committee
Supervises: Supervisory duties are not included in this position
Education and/or Experience
1. High School diploma or higher education required
2. At least 2 years sailing/boating experience.
3. Experience with administrative duties in a customer service-based industry.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite apps
2. Exceptional writing skills, knowledge of web publishing, and content management
3. Operate small (15’ -22’) powerboat, GPS navigation a plus
4. Basic understanding of sailing vernacular including the Racing Rules of Sailing
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
The Race Administrator operates in a supportive role to the Race Director in planning and executing regattas at NHYC, including but not limited to: race publicity, race documentation, volunteer personnel coordination, and equipment management. They also operate in liaison with all departments at the club to communicate club operations to the membership, including working with event chairs to determine advertising and registration needs for club events. Must be able to work a flexible schedule with occasional extended hours based on needs of the department and regattas.
Job Tasks/Duties – Race Administrator
1. Maintain and organize race committee equipment and supplies
2. Responsible for ensuring race committee boats are properly outfitted and provisioned during regattas
3. Assist with on-the-water execution of regattas
4. Obtain all necessary permits from governmental agencies to host regattas
5. Provide support to Jury secretary during major regattas
6. Plan, coordinate and execute all Harbor 20 and Lehman 12 regattas
7. Assist Race Director with dissemination of flyers, Notice of Race and registration information, Sailing Instructions, and publish race results in a timely fashion
8. Maintain online process for all regattas, including registration, assisting with official race documents, and results
9. Maintain perpetual trophy, burgee, and house flag collections, and associated historical records
10. Maintain member achievement log for preparation of annual awards
Job Tasks/Duties – Webmaster
1. Write and distribute Weekly Newsletters, including Sailing News, club announcements, and upcoming events
2. Work with ClubEssential to maintain proper site performance and updates as necessary
3. Maintain website calendar and reservations with event and meeting dates
Must be able to lift 50 pounds safely. Tasks involve requirement to sit/stand for long periods of time and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist, or reach, and that may involve pushing, pulling up to 50 pounds. Ability to work in an environment that can be hot, noisy, and fast paced at times.
NHYC is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401k with employer matching, employee meals, paid vacation and sick time.
Interested applicants, please email resume to email@example.com