Sep 7, 2018, 1:29 PM
Post #1 of 1
Title: Stamford Yacht Club – Hiring in all positions: Beginner/ Intermediate Instructor, Race Coach, Rec Coach, Head Instructor
Stamford YC - 2019 Junior Sailing coaches
Log-In to Post/Reply
Stamford Yacht Club is currently seeking talented, dedicated, unique and hard-working individuals to work in our junior program for the 2019 summer season. SYC is accepting applications for the following positions:
• Beginner/ Intermediate Opti Instructor
• Opti Race Coach
• Beginner/Intermediate Doublehanded Instructor (Feva/420)
• Club 420 Race Coach
• Recreational sailing coach
• Laser Race Coach
• Head Instructor
A passion for all kinds of sailing; a concern for safety and respect for the water; a maturity and professionalism to work with fellow instructors, staff, parents, and sailors of all ages; an ability to communicate with sailors, their parents, supervisors and club management.
• US Sailing Level 1 or international equivalent required for all positions
• US Sailing Level 2 or international equivalent preferred for all racing positions
• US Safe Power Boating Certification a plus. (course will be offered the spring)
• CT Safe Boating License required. (course will be offered in the spring)
• First Aid and CPR certifications required by US Sailing;
• First-year instructors intending to complete Level 1 and Safe Powerboat Handling certification prior to June 2019 will be considered.
Description of SYC Junior Sailing Program:
Stamford Yacht Club has a rich sailing tradition and an active Junior sailing program of approximately 85 children ranging from 6 to 17 years old. Our Opti, 420, and Laser teams compete throughout Long Island sound and New England. We also offer a recreational program for intermediate and advanced sailors using Hobie Waves, RS Fevas, and Ideal 18s. We have a well-maintained fleet of 12 inflatable RIBs and Boston Whalers.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is competitive and based on experience, certifications and prior work history; Potential end-of-season performance bonus; Private lesson opportunities.
Dates of employment: Nine weeks beginning June 17th (TBD, based on JSA calendar)
End date is flexible depending on position and when you need to return to school.
Contact: Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org