Feb 16, 2018, 7:40 AM
Post #1 of 1
Jr. Sailing Director
Jr Sailing Director Needed
Log-In to Post/Reply
Centerport Yacht Club seeks a highly qualified, enthusiastic, organized Director for its Junior Sailing Program. During the Program, which runs July and August, the Director will be on site full time. Pre- and Post-season hours are flexible and the Jr. Sailing Director will work the hours necessary to appropriately facilitate hiring of staff, planning, program set up and end of season storage and paperwork. Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with certifications and experience.
• Manage the Junior Sailing Program in accordance with best practices and CYC guidelines
• Recruit, select and hire highly qualified candidates for Instructor positions
• Train, schedule, supervise and evaluate instructional staff
• Ensure that all program employees have and maintain the appropriate & required certifications for the duration of their employment.
• Implement a quality assurance/safety program to ensure that all program employees adhere to best practices in vessel operation, instruction and safety
• Monitor and maintain all Club owned vessels and equipment
• Interface with parents as necessary
• Manage the Jr. Sailing budget
• Other related tasks as may be assigned by the Jr. Sailing Chair and/or the Rear Commodore
• Minimum 2 years demonstrable experience in a leadership position of a youth program
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in staffing/operating/managing junior sailing programs
• Commitment to a culture of safety, learning, sailor engagement and fun
• CYC will be offering courses for the following certifications prior to the start of the season. It will be required to either hold these already, or attend these courses:
o NYS/NASBLA Safe Boating certificate
o US Powerboating Safe Powerboat Handling certificate
o US Powerboating Safety and Rescue Boat Handling Certificate
• Please represent any and all additional US Sailing, US Powerboating, First Aid, or otherwise relevant certifications you hold on your application.
To be considered, please email a cover letter, your resume which clearly outlines that you meet the minimum qualifications outlined above and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com. Snail mail and faxed submissions are not accepted.
The Centerport Yacht Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation and/or preferences, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic(s) or status protected by law.