Feb 7, 2018, 12:13 PM
Post #1 of 1
**All Adult Program applicants should apply to Operations Director Andrew Alletag at email@example.com, with the position they are applying to in the email title.**
Adult Program Director Position
Log-In to Post/Reply
Community Boating Inc. is the oldest public sailing facility in the country and serves over 1,500 youth, 4,000 adults, and 400 people with disabilities each year. Working at CBI is one of the most unique and fun opportunities in. CBI serves adults and individuals with special needs from throughout the Greater Boston Area, especially those who may not otherwise have the financial means to sail. Community Boating has fleets of Cape Cod Mercurys, 420s, Lasers, Windsurfers, Ideal 18s, Sonars, Kayaks, and Stand-up-Paddleboards.
The Adult Program Director will be employed full-time, year-round and will be responsible for the execution of a high-quality 7-month program under the supervision of the Operations Director.
• Implement and oversee the Adult Program including member activities, open sailing, sailing classes, customer service, and special events
• Manage day-to-day running of programs including staff oversight, safety and record keeping
• Monitor programs on an ongoing basis for quality and safety and make necessary adjustments
• Work with a team to manage schedule and resource allocation
• Conduct staff training for a staff of 30 dockstaff, instructors, and dockmasters
• Provide guidance and feedback to staff, including mid-season reviews
• Respond to phone and email communications in a timely and professional manner
• Act as CBI liaison to members and groups.
The ideal candidates are flexible, able to multi-task, have excellent time management skills, and enjoy a fast-paced environment. They must have excellent communication skills and be able to lead by example with a positive attitude. The ideal candidates will be able to work well with others from different departments for the overall good of Community Boating’s mission of “Sailing for All”.
The Adult Program Director will work full-time starting in March.US Sailing Level 1 certification or foreign equivalent required, US Coast Guard launch tender’s license or ability to obtain preferred. Previous supervisory experience required. competitive pay and full benefits!