Jan 17, 2018, 1:18 PM
Post #1 of 1
Want a job on the water that's an absolute blast? One where you get to interact with and meet lots of people and sail all day?
Summer Crew for Sailing Company
Log-In to Post/Reply
Sightsailing of Newport (www.sightsailing.com) is now accepting applications for the 2018 season from May through October for crew aboard Sightsailer, our 46’ sloop which offers daily sailing cruises and private charters in Newport, RI. We’ve been offering sailing cruises in Newport for years and are one of the top rated attractions in town. Our crew has a lot to do with that. For those who enjoy meeting people, showing people a good time on the water and know how to sail, this is one of the best jobs around.
1. You need to have an engaging, outgoing personality and enjoy meeting people. Must be well spoken, have a professional appearance, and be able to smile and speak with guests both one on one and address a crowd.
2. You should have basic sailing knowledge. What do we mean by basic sailing knowledge? You should know a tack from a gybe, sailing terms, parts of a boat, etc. You don't have to be a professional sailor, but you should have at least a firm grasp of the basics.
3. Be able to multitask: Can't be afraid to bellow out some info about sights we sail past and be heard over luffing sails while topping off someone's champagne cup.
4. Enjoy physical work and be capable of working outside from morning through sunset.
5. Have a positive, can-do attitude. Knowledge of Newport a plus.
For complete job description and application visit the employment section at sightsailing.com/employment and complete an Online Crew application. Only applicants who have sent in a complete application will be considered.