ForumIndex CLASSIFIED ADS Search Posts SEARCH

Forum Index: Sell or Want: CLASSIFIED ADS: Want: Boats/Gear/Jobs:
Young and Experienced Sailor Seeks Sailmaking Apprenticeship
Team McLube

Chandler.h

Nov 12, 2017, 8:39 AM

Post #1 of 2 (699 views)
Shortcut
Young and Experienced Sailor Seeks Sailmaking Apprenticeship Log-In to Post/Reply

My name is Chandler, I am a US Sailing Level 3 Coach and currently a third year college student. After a lifetime of sailing, and watching that passion turn into a summer job in an amazing industry with so much potential to grow, I have decided to pursue that passion by turning it into a full time profession.

I am determined and eager to start my career in sailing, and hope that I can continue to learn from the best in the industry along the way. I know that I am capable of exceeding expectations, and believe that I am a great fit for an apprenticeship at a loft. Thank you sincerely for your time and consideration. Please contact with any questions!

SeanAOH

Nov 21, 2017, 12:16 PM

Post #2 of 2 (535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chandler.h] Young and Experienced Sailor Seeks Sailmaking Apprenticeship [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Have you thought about applying to become a sapling at Oakcliff Sailing? Lots to learn here about the professional sailing industry and we have a loft in addition to composites and rigging shops. We have about 100 boats from Olympic class dinghy's, foiling boats, match racing, offshore boats and power support boats. I can assure you there is no shortage of applicable skills to learn here, plus a LOT of sailing opportunities.

Here is our website http://www.oakcliffsailing.org/

And here is our brochure for next year. http://issuu.com/oakcliffsailing/docs/oakcliff_brochure_2018_issuu?e=11118241/54460639

We offer financial aid if needed, so do not let the prices get to you. If you are passionate about sailing and want it to become your career, you need to come here.

If that is not enough to entice you, I was racing Wednesday night PHRF races and some smaller regattas on a J122 three summers ago. This year I was a boat captain of two boats, was skipper or navigator for multiple high level offshore regattas including the Chicago Mac race and Annapolis to Newport race, and I am headed off to work with Vestas 11th Hour as shore crew in Cape Town during the stopover because of Oakcliff. I was a sapling in 2016 and hired on full time after the program ended that summer.

I look forward to seeing your application Chandler! Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules