Oct 2, 2017, 5:39 PM
Post #1 of 2
Great boat with many updates including carbon fiber mast, repowered in 2017, new keel and rudder retrofit in 2006-07, and new Denmark quadrant. Winches recently serviced by Harken, and current sails. Boat is a competitive racer and a great cruiser!
2004 Sydney 41
Log-In to Post/Reply
It is a fantastic boat with a long list of races and still, a nice place to sleep. The boat is very comparable to a Farr 40 showing slightly slower in very light air, but faster in moderate and heavy air. She also rates substantially better. The boat was repainted and professionally reupholstered in 2014.
See a walk through video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJRh9Fngho4
1. Racing Main- Carbon-nine races
2. Regatta Main-Carbon- 2.5 years old (excellent)
3. Asymmetric Runner-one race-new this year
4. Asymmetric Reacher-four years-seldom used (very good/excellent)
5. Symmetric Runner-.4 Quantum- 2 years old (very good)
6. Symmetric Runner- .5 Sobstad- 2 years old (very good) purchased same time as Quantum
7. Symmetric Reacher- .6-(very good)
8. Symmetric Heavy Reacher- 1.5(good/very good)
9. Symmetric "chicken chute"
10. #1-Drifter- Mylar Film
16. #4--(never/seldom used)
17. Stay Sail
18. Storm jib
Sails are in very good/excellent condition. I would consider these to be the foundation of the value of the boat. I would not replace anything at this time and probably not until at least the 3-4 year time frame. The boat was a Premier Sobstad Racing boat.
All safety equipment current 2017
New laptop, including all racing software
Raytheon System 60 electronics with masthead displays
Complete new drivetrain 2017 with Denmark steerage quadrant 2017
All winches are Harken and have been maintained by the factory, including 2017
Scout was stored inside in a heated building and her condition reflects special care
Scout features a complete carbon fiber rig versus aluminum
Interior was professionally installed in 2015
Cabin sole is teak and holly on Scout
All paint (Awlgrip) has been redone
Plenty of picture, email me for more!