Aug 9, 2017, 8:00 PM
Post #1 of 1
Head Sailing Instructor /Coach Required
Head Coach/Instructor - Darwin Sailing Club
Log-In to Post/Reply
The Darwin Sailing Club is one of Australia’s largest active sailing clubs and a nationally accredited Discover Sailing Centre. Australia’s best learn to sail location is blessed with year round 30 degree temperatures, gentle sea breezes and sunsets to die for.
DSC delivers an expanding program of junior, youth and adult training and development products targeted at all skill levels with excellent facilities, brand new Keelboats and a tractor formerly known as Allan!
We are seeking a suitably qualified and well organised Head Instructor/Coach to join us on a full time basis. Reporting to the Sailing Manager, this hands-on role will work in a key capacity to support the Club in the following areas;
· Programming, delivery and administration of Club training / development programs.
· Delivery of accredited and non-accredited training and coaching.
· Liaison with Club Committees and the Club’s broader stakeholder network.
· Actively participate in the promotion of all training, social and competitive sailing activities undertaken by the Club.
· Assist with in and out of season maintenance of fleet and equipment
To be considered applicants must be able to demonstrate the following level of experience;
· Delivering a high standard of accredited keelboat training.
· Appreciation of the community sporting club environment in which volunteer committees are supported by paid professional staff
· A proven capacity to work unsupervised to deliver against defined KPI’s
· Credentials in one or more of the following areas: Coaching / Fleet Maintenance / Marketing & Promotion of Sail Training
· Effective time management and communication skills
· An intermediate level of computer literacy
The following Qualifications and Certifications are requirements of DSC Sailing Instructors. Transferable equivalent qualifications will be considered.
- Australian Sailing accredited Keelboat and/or Dinghy Instructor
- hold at least a AS Powerboat Handling Certificate
- hold or be able to achieve an Ochre Card (working with children clearance certificate)
- the Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate (or higher)
- Australian Motor Vehicle License (desirable)
· A sense of humour
Opportunities to travel with representative teams in a coaching capacity are also available to the right candidate for this position. Outside work, cheap airfares to Asia and 5 weeks annual leave allow this position to make the most of the famous Top End lifestyle.
A salary commensurate with experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Those interested in this role are invited to a submit 1-page covering letter, resume and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Friday August 25th.