Aleutka 25
Team McLube

AdrianBlunt

Jul 5, 2017, 8:13 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1058 views)
Shortcut
Aleutka 25 Log-In to Post/Reply

PRICE REDUCTION ALEUTKA 25 - FOR SALE

The Aleutka 25 is a unique, minimalist ocean cruiser designed by Dr. John Letcher, the father of wind and sheet self-steering systems. Ferenc Mate devotes chapter 5 of Best Boats to Build or Buy to the Aleutka (I can send a copy if you donít have the book or canít find it in your local library). She is cutter rigged with twin bilge keels and engineless - but her two 8í oars can pull her along at 2 knots. This boat is glass over wood, built by Costa Mesa/Columbia in California alongside the Westsail 32. I also have all the plans originally sold by John Letcher to homebuilders.
Aleutka Girl was hauled last year, her bottom painted and rudder bolts replaced. Opening bronze ports and a new forehatch were installed, acrylic panel lights replaced and new berths purchased. The small galley was taken out but not replaced. A new Origo alcohol stove, vhf, mast-head tri-light and marine am/fm radio are ready to be installed. She needs a new battery and small wiring panel, a water tank and some new deck gear. There are some new blocks and fittings on board to be installed. She has two Harken self-tailing winches. The mainsail, 2 jibs, and staysail are old but serviceable. One wooden spreader is broken Ė I was going to replace the spreaders with aluminum.
The boat is in San Diego. My goal was to cruise the Baja and truck her back N on a flat deck from the Sea of Cortez. I have pics of the boat hauled and painted by Driscolls.
This boat is not for the typical week-end cruiser. If you want to be self-sufficient, have a small budget and are serious about long distance ocean and coastal cruising on a small classic boat you might want to think about Aleutka Girl. I live in Victoria BC and have a friend in San Diego who can show the boat and finish the refit if the buyer wishes. I will answer all e-mails but I donít want my friend to have to deal with people who are curious about her and not actually seriously looking to buy a boat. She can be trailered or carried on a flat deck truck Ė so delivery to Canada is not too difficult.
Price - $3,000 US.

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules