Mar 6, 2017, 10:06 AM
Post #1 of 1
NEWPORT SHIPYARD NOW LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES FOR FACILITIES TECHNICIAN (Seasonal Position)
Newport Shipyard Hiring Facilities Technician
Log-In to Post/Reply
This position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of every aspect of the interior and exterior buildings, property and infrastructure. It is expected to assist in the maintenance and repair of electrical, plumbing, air systems, A/C systems, lighting, carpentry, painting and other repairs as needed. Maintenance will need to coordinate the daily and weekly work effort as directed by the Facilities Manager; manage and oversee the other employees in Maintenance, assisting and directing them as needed, and work one or two days a week as property manager and caretaker of the Managing Partnerís property when he is in residence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure that the work environment is safe for all employees and that the employees in Maintenance conduct their efforts in a safe manner as outlined by Shipyard policies and OSHA regulations.
* Carry out his daily routine with little or no supervision.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
* An Associateís Degree a plus.
* Trade certified preferred.
* 3-5 years experience in operations/maintenance preferred.
* Must have a wide range of experience that spans from building construction, infrastructure systems, code requirements, knowledge of safety and OSHA regulations.
* Experience as a lead or directing a crew.
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Good understanding of how commercial buildings are constructed and how electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems are installed.
* Have an in depth knowledge of how electrical systems work, are distributed, and how it supports the production and office circuits, machinery, etc.
* Depth knowledge of plumbing systems as to their categories, sizes, whether they are air, gas, or water and how to install or repair them.
* Good understanding of the HVAC systems and how they operate.
* Able to troubleshoot them as necessary and make recommendations to the Facilities Manager if the repair is beyond his expertise.
* Good mechanical background and the ability and knowledge to be able to use a wide range of hand and power tools.
* Ability to work well and communicate with outside vendors.
* Must be highly organized and able to handle a multi-task environment.
* Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity, and an excellent work ethic.
* Attention to detail, leadership skills, communication skills, problem solving/analytical abilities, and time management skills.
* Have a team attitude and be able to take instruction well.
Please send cover letter an resume to: Beck Bennett, Safety & Facilities Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list of essential job functions. This job and all other duties performed under this job description will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations, as well as any additional Shipyard specific environmental management system requirements.