Scuttlebutt Website SCUTTLEBUTT
SAILING NEWS
ForumIndex CLASSIFIED ADS Search Posts SEARCH

Forum Index: .: Dock Talk:
VOR 70's as X-Games.....I want my MTV(OR70)!!!!
Team McLube

hookinnhangon

Jan 4, 2006, 6:19 PM

Post #1 of 7 (10422 views)
Shortcut
VOR 70's as X-Games.....I want my MTV(OR70)!!!! Log-In to Post/Reply

This makes the X-games look tame!

You want action and something to compete against skateboarding for the kids who think they are shredders?!

If only they had better publicity, this would make a big splash for sailing.

This race could be like the famous Julie Moss diarreah crawl across the finish line at Ironman triathlon in 1980, which made that sport grow 10x.

Screw the US ailing crap, take the money from the fake advertorials and get some press on this!!!!

I want my MTV(OR 70)!!!!

TackGybe

Jan 5, 2006, 6:33 AM

Post #2 of 7 (10397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hookinnhangon] VOR 70's as X-Games.....I want my MTV(OR70)!!!! [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Yeah, the marketing dept must have their heads up their a#@$ss!

There is a lot of very dramatic stuff going on which is perfectly tailored to the mass audience. I would think that a package of the really dramatic stuff sent around to all the TV stations possible, and you'd get more than a few who would show a short clip on their sports highlight reels.

Deleted

Jan 5, 2006, 7:30 AM

Post #3 of 7 (10394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TackGybe] VOR 70's as X-Games.....I want my MTV(OR70)!!!! [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

there wil be plenty of publicty. probably in the obituary columns

greg james

Jan 9, 2006, 8:38 PM

Post #4 of 7 (10353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hookinnhangon] VOR 70's as X-Games.....I want my MTV(OR70)!!!! [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I couldent agree with you more! the sport needs more controversy, more excitment and way more young people! the VOR is attractive because it dangerous,,, the stakes are as high as the risks, this makes it more attractive to your average joe soap. this would make good reading, but im afraid the the visual side of things e.g. TV may never take off, because its not like cricket which you can watch and follow the progress, but on the other hand there is nothing more spectacular than seeing a yacht like ABN-AMRO smashing through a wave at high speed with crew holding on tight praying for the best... in fact that makes me wanna get out there and go for a sail, and it makes your average Joe Soap take a bit off intrest and maybe even inspire!
go hard or go home

msherman

Jan 10, 2006, 5:56 AM

Post #5 of 7 (10340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greg james] VOR 70's as X-Games.....I want my MTV(OR70)!!!! [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

the pics of guys doing sail changes and just hanging on as the waves crash over them would be intensely interesting to the average person. This is extreme! Not the markroundings and boat v boat stuff, but the human aspect of riding those tigers!

Simon

Jan 10, 2006, 6:02 AM

Post #6 of 7 (10338 views)
Shortcut

If it was not dangerous it would not be interesting

greg james

Jan 10, 2006, 10:58 PM

Post #7 of 7 (10287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [msherman] VOR 70's as X-Games.....I want my MTV(OR70)!!!! [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Halaluya!!!!SlySlySlySlySly

I tottally agree Mr msherman!
go hard or go home

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules