HPR ANNOUNCES OWNERSHIP BY OFFSHORE RACING ASSOCIATION
Team McLube

The Publisher

Jun 14, 2012, 5:38 PM

Post #1 of 5 (10250 views)
Shortcut
HPR ANNOUNCES OWNERSHIP BY OFFSHORE RACING ASSOCIATION Log-In to Post/Reply

HPR ANNOUNCES OWNERSHIP BY OFFSHORE RACING ASSOCIATION

US Sailing and Offshore Racing Congress (ORC) to be first licensed rating authorities

June 14, 2012 - Newport, RI – The High Performance Rule (HPR) announces that by unanimous vote of its Board members, the Offshore Racing Association (ORA) has agreed to take ownership of HPR. The move is an important organizational milestone for HPR, a rating rule concept whose development was first facilitated by the New York YC‘s Handicap Rules Committee in 2010.

ORA’s role becomes similar to what it does for the Offshore Rating Rule (ORR), which is used in the major offshore races in the US: act as an entity that gives rule and policy guidance through existing HPR technical committees, form a new HPR steering committee (the HPR Advisory Board), and manage relations with selected international authorities for its role as a rule administrator and licensor. Currently US Sailing and the Offshore Racing Congress (ORC) are the first rating authorities to be licensed to govern administration of the rule.

“This move is a huge step forward in moving HPR from a rating rule ‘concept’ to a rating rule reality,” said Steve Benjamin, the Chairman of the NYYC Handicap Rules Committee and a fervent promoter of HPR. “While the HPR technical staff is still fine-tuning the rule, it now gives us the ability to formalize the process of issuing rules, creating measurement standards, and issuing certificates through US Sailing and ORC.”

For ORA the adoption of HPR means extending their reach more towards the Grand Prix level of the offshore racing fleet.

“ORA has spent the past eight years managing a VPP-based rating system to serve US offshore sailors,” said Dick Hampikian, Chairman of ORA, “but this system has not always been suitable for the latest new high-performance designs to race against the more traditional boats. We are excited to work alongside US Sailing and the ORC to help foster the growth and popularity of these HPR designs to have their own playing field where they can enjoy close, fair and fast racing.”

Typical HPR-inspired designs include Stephen Murray Jr.’s Carkeek HPR 40 Decision, now poised to do the Newport-Bermuda Race, and its just-launched sistership based in Michigan, Bill McKinley’s Denali 2. Other typical HPR designs include GP 26’s, MC 38’s, Farr 400’s, GP 42’s, TP 52’s, and other high-tech modern offshore-capable designs that seek fair racing among like-type boats. These boats have seen increasing popularity in the US and abroad, and HPR scoring will soon be offered at many major US events.

"US Sailing supports all forms of sailing, and Grand Prix-level offshore sailing is an important part of the game,” said Gary Jobson, president of US Sailing. “We're pleased to help its growth here in the US, and look forward to working alongside ORC in helping make HPR a success around the world."

“For over 40 years ORC has been serving the international offshore community with science-based rating systems,” said Don Genitempo of the ORC Management Committee, “so it is with great pleasure that we embrace HPR to serve the needs of the highest-level offshore sailors. Besides offering our administrative and technical help in rule development, as well as our network of rating offices in 35 countries around the world, our relationship with ISAF also offers the opportunity to form future HPR championship events on an international scale.”

About HPR
· HPR is a performance oriented, type-forming, continuum box rule which allows limited trading between the factors.
· HPR is international, permitting boats from many countries to race in high level events.
· HPR is a fixed and published formula rule - Designers can directly calculate unlimited HPR rating trials.
· HPR will yield a rating in linear meters that can be converted to Time-on-Time (TOT) handicaps.
· HPR utilizes elements and concepts from several fixed formula rules.
· HPR will modernize with the times and the newest HRP boats will not be slower than other common sense offshore mono-hulls that could be designed in the absence of a rating rule.

Goals of HPR include:
· To get more people sailing, more owners building new yachts, and more existing yachts racing.
· To create more excitement in the sport of sailboat racing.
· To create a rule of sufficient quality that the owners elevate it to high performance status for use worldwide.
· To encourage racing in good fast yachts that are fun to sail, safe, and competitive for many years, including new builds and existing yachts.
· To be as inclusive as possible of existing fast designs and yet encourage new builds.
· To create a forum where teams can compete at sailing as well as design and optimization. This requires a published and objective rule.

For more information about HPR, visit
www.hprsailing.org.

For more information about ORA, visit
www.offshorerace.org.

For more information about US Sailing, visit
www.ussailing.org.

For more information about ORC, visit
www.orc.org.

###

Lowitood

Feb 7, 2020, 2:40 AM

Post #2 of 5 (456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] HPR ANNOUNCES OWNERSHIP BY OFFSHORE RACING ASSOCIATION [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

HPR is an exhibition situated, type framing, continuum box rule which permits restricted exchanging between the elements. It helps the designers in their calculating work and I will order an essay from https://essayguru.org/assignment-writing-assist/ online website related to HPR. HPR is worldwide, allowing pontoons from numerous nations to race in elevated level occasions.

Overtaker72

Feb 29, 2020, 12:26 PM

Post #3 of 5 (302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Publisher] HPR ANNOUNCES OWNERSHIP BY OFFSHORE RACING ASSOCIATION [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I can't say anything about this because I don't have knowledge about but if you are looking for the online writing service then you should visit the ihatewritingessays.com where you will get the best help for your writing work. I am also using this service for my school writing project and really it is not disappointing me.

Mikekoenrealty

Mar 11, 2020, 3:06 AM

Post #4 of 5 (221 views)
Shortcut

This website has so much information. I would love to read more information on this website. By the way if you want to buy or sell properties in the USA, I would like you to visit point pleasant nj real estate. Contact me if you need help with buying or selling property in the USA.

ryanbabraham

Apr 2, 2020, 4:25 AM

Post #5 of 5 (9 views)
Shortcut

I am glad to see this post. When I read this article, however, I got a piece of information about the topic explained here. Your way of presentation is really good, and you give a piece of proper knowledge about the offshore racing associations. b2c business model I hope you will add the details to your future posts.

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules