Dec 26, 2005, 6:30 PM

Post #1 of 6 (9826 views)
Shortcut
Jay Sharkey = Arrogance or ignorance? Log-In to Post/Reply

* From Jay Sharkey: It's a farce that the sailing hall of fame is going to
be anywhere but Newport, RI. Yes, Annapolis is home to some of the greats,
but Newport is America's sailing town. When folks think "Tennis" they think
Wimbleton, not Newport. Please, please, please, stop this abomination. The
Armory downtown would be a perfect spot. No $2 million needed.

I do not know whether to laugh or cry---- Who cares where it is? Just as long as it is presented properly--

I vote arrogance.

Wash
Wash

SailTrim

Dec 27, 2005, 5:35 AM

Post #2 of 6 (9806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wash] Jay Sharkey = Arrogance or ignorance? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I would agree with the proper presentation, however, I have to say I am more partial to the yachting ties to Newport in terms of competative sailing. When I think Annapolis, my first thoughts are military/navy . . . . not America's Cup, etc . . . a key event in the making of the sailing racing history in the US.

Snappy

Dec 27, 2005, 8:42 AM

Post #3 of 6 (9799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wash] Jay Sharkey = Arrogance or ignorance? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Hall of Fame is a building, but the idea needs to be organized so that there are not competing lists. This Hall of Fame, that Hall of Fame... Best that somebody settles this.

Deleted

Jan 2, 2006, 11:21 AM

Post #4 of 6 (9629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Snappy] Jay Sharkey = Arrogance or ignorance? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Jay Sharkey is a class guy. He is one helluva sailor and is neither arrogant or ignorant.

I agree that the HoF should be in NPT. COuld the suggestion to have the HoF in Naptown have come from the fact that the AC HoF is already in Rhode Island. Is Naptown feeling a little left out??

V

Deleted

Jan 2, 2006, 8:56 PM

Post #5 of 6 (9582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Guest] Jay Sharkey = Arrogance or ignorance? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

I think you Newport, RI and Annapolis centric sailors have a lot to learn about the rest of the US and the world for that matter. Has it occurred to you that the center of the solar system may be somewhere else?

Gawd---

Deleted

Jan 3, 2006, 6:11 AM

Post #6 of 6 (9557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Guest] Jay Sharkey = Arrogance or ignorance? [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Seems like these are two good choices. Are there more? What would a short list of Hall of Fame cities look like?

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules