Nov 6, 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #1 of 1
With the aim of bringing younger sailors into the Canadian 49er class, Pitch Pole Skiff Products (aka 49er.ca) will be providing charter boats to young sailors interested in sailing the Olympic class 49er skiff. The charter boats will be a complete 49er with dolly, a carbon mast and ready to race for a period of one year. This is a perfect opportunity for young Laser, C420 or 29er sailors looking to make the jump into the exciting 49er class!
2012 49er.ca Boat Grant Program
Log-In to Post/Reply
Here are the details of the program:
- 49er Complete including dolly and top cover, ready to sail
- Carbon mast and current sails
- One year charter period:
- December 1st, 2011 to November 30th, 2012
- Pickup and drop-off in Montreal, QC
- For athletes 19 years old and younger
- Cost $3,000 or $4,000 per year (depending on the boat)
In order to qualify for the charter program, the athletes must agree to the following terms:
- The athletes must be a team of two, willing to sail together for at least one year.
- The athletes should be part of a National, Provincial or club training program.
- During the charter period the athletes are expected to train and race regularly in the Canadian and North American circuits. Additionally, the athletes are free to bring the boats down to Florida to train or participate in the Miami Olympic Classes Regatta.
- If anything breaks on the boat, the athletes are expected to repair it (it is their own boat for 1 year).
- The boat shall be returned in original condition, less wear & tear
- The athletes shall attend all 49er.ca Grand Prix events
- The athletes will provide regular photo and written reports to the class assín
Interested athletes should complete their application and return it to the Canadian 49er Class Association President for consideration. Your application should include:
- Outline schedule for 2012
- Sailing resume
- Curriculum vitae
- Head shots and bio
- Short cover letter, outlining their qualifications for the program
Applications shall be submitted by email to Trevor Parekh on or before Thursday, November 17th, 2011. A decision on the selected athletes will subsequently be made by November 20th, and all parties will be notified. If you need more information on the program, please contact the undersigned.
Thanks and hope to see the young-guns out there!
President, Canadian 49er Class Association