Forum Index: Boats for sale: CLASSIFIED ADS: Sail: under 25-feet:
23' Atkin Schooner
Team McLube

wmeparker

Jan 31, 2019, 5:54 AM

Post #1 of 3 (456 views)
Shortcut
23' Atkin Schooner Log-In to Post/Reply

23' (28' rigged with spars) Wood Gaff Schooner designed by William Atkin. Built by Chuck Bour of Muskegon, Michigan. Exterior ply over mahogany frames, all WEST system epoxy. Rigged for the 1880's; all rope stropped blocks, double-purchase halyards and sheets, belaying pins, stays on deadeyes and lanyards. New keel 2003, extensive interior structure refit 2005, new spruce mainmast 2013, new spruce foremast 2015. Complete service history for boat. 2nd owner.Engine is Nissan outboard in a well, electric start. New sail covers 2015. Trailer with custom support structure has new tires and wheels (2018), re-wired 2013, electric brakes. Custom hoist raises both masts at once. Stored indoors all winters in Cincinnati, OH. Not Bristol, but very sailable. Service log available. More photos and info on request.513.241.3495.

$6500.00

Attachments: TShirt1.jpg (59.0 KB)
  PIC-0176.jpg (135 KB)
  DSC_0326.JPG (189 KB)
  Cabin.jpg (110 KB)
  TrailerShot.jpg (142 KB)

turpie

Feb 8, 2019, 11:26 AM

Post #2 of 3 (220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wmeparker] 23' Atkin Schooner [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

hello bill-
what is the weight/dsiplacement (dry sail hoist max 4000lbs).
please explain the "dual mast" operation (# of crew involved, etc).
send photos of cockpit and cabin
elaborate on interior update/restoration
Explain "new keel" (prior issues..)
thanks bill

wmeparker

Feb 9, 2019, 11:56 AM

Post #3 of 3 (201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [turpie] 23' Atkin Schooner [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Interesting that Atkin never mentioned the displacement on this boat. I only have it because I ran the offsets through CAD, and that came out to be 5200Lbs. She floats a little high, so might be less than that. It has about 1500 Lbs in the lead ballast. I have attached a text file with a short history with the info on repairs and adds. It is easier to show you the hoist system than tell you, and I have many more photos of all aspects of the boat, but it is in my OneDrive, and I don't want to post that link here. Call the phone number above to give me your email and I'll send the link to more photos.
Attachments: Charlene-history.txt (2.28 KB)

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules