Jan 23, 2018, 1:58 PM
Post #1 of 1
The Tiverton Yacht Club is hiring Sailing Instructors for the 2018 summer season
Intermediate Sailing & One Design Racing Instructors
Log-In to Post/Reply
TYC operates a high quality junior sailing program on Narragansett Bay. TYC is located at a wonderful sailing location, with access to the Sakonnet River to the South, Mount Hope Bay to the North and a perfect sailing cove (Blue Bell Cove) to the West. The Cove is an ideal location for children to learn sailing in a safe and fun environment. TYC is located between Newport and Providence RI and provides convenient access to racing from Narragansett Bay to Cape Cod. We encourage a fun appreciation for sailing, respect for the water and care for boats and equipment.
Beginner, Intermediate Sailing & One Design Racing Instructors
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic sailors to join our team and teach and coach at regattas in the New England area. One design racing experience is required. We are also seeking beginner and recreational sailing instructors. We provide Seamanship, Beginner, Intermediate, Racing and Adventure Sailing programs for sailors age 5-18. Our fleet consists of Club 420 sailing dinghies, Optimist dinghies; Hunter 140’s, Harpoon 4.6’s, Open Bic dinghies and our Flying Scot. Instructors are charged with significant responsibility.
- Exceptional knowledge of sailboat racing skills.
- 2+ yrs. of sailing instruction experience.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Motivational, energetic and outgoing personality.
- Ability to build teams and successfully interact with people from multiple generations.
- US Sailing Level 1 certification.
- Current CPR training.
- RI Boating License or equivalent.
- Valid Driver license and transportation.
Benefits of Employment:
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to Meredith Collins, Sailing Program Director - firstname.lastname@example.org The season runs from June 11-August 15th, 2018.
- Our comprehensive curriculum provides you with lessons, drills and activities that have been developed and tested with success. Your input and experience is invaluable when planning and implementing new lessons.
- More of your time can then be focused on the development of your sailors and fostering teamwork!
- Competitive pay—commensurate with experience.
- Close proximity to Newport and the ability to participate in its active racing scene.