Aug 16, 2017, 7:13 AM
Post #1 of 1
Head Varsity Sailing Coach - Rollins College
Log-In to Post/Reply
Winter Park, Florida
Rollins College is accepting applications for a Head Varsity Sailing Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the Director of Athletics. This role is responsible for all phases of coaching the sailing program, including administrative duties; recruiting; budget management, including purchase, maintenance and inventory of all equipment; hiring and supervising assistant coaches; program management; fundraising and public relations; and planning and scheduling practices, games, transportation and meals. Anticipated start date: January 2018.
- Bachelor's degree; Master's preferred
- Boater Safety certification; Level 3 US Sailing Coach preferred
- Three to five years of related coaching experience
- A proven record of integrity, moral principle and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student-athletes both academically and athletically
- Valid Florida driverís license
- Demonstrated success in coaching sailing, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, and teaching, preferably at the collegiate level
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II, ICSA, SAISA and institutional policies, as well as sports medicine guidelines
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification
- Availability to work nights and weekends during the sport's season
Rollins College is a comprehensive, liberal arts college located just north of Orlando, Florida,
a diverse metropolitan community with a thriving economic and cultural scene. Nearby, Orlando International Airport provides easy access to U.S. and international destinations. The College emphasizes innovative and quality teaching in small classes and ranks number one among 121 Southern masterís-level universities in the annual rankings of ďAmericaís Best Colleges,Ē released by U.S. News & World Report. Please visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Interested candidates may apply online through the Rollins College employment website.
Apply link: http://jobs.rollins.edu/...arsity-sailing-coach
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.