Feb 28, 2019, 12:04 PM
Post #1 of 1
The Park City Sailing Association (PCSA) was founded in 2008 and is a community sailing organization providing opportunities for adults and kids to sail. In 2018 over 1400 people participated in PCSA education, racing and social programs. We are looking for a Head Sailing Instructor to work the 2019 season, approximately June - Aug.
Head Sailing Instructor - Park City, Utah
Log-In to Post/Reply
- Oversee and be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Adult & Jr. Sailing Program, including management of the Instructors, Jr. Instructors and Apprentice Instructors. The Head Instructor should be the first to arrive, and last to leave each day.
- Work weeks are approximately 40 hours a week and may include some evening or weekend shifts (mornings, afternoons, evenings) to support sailing lessons for children, adults & special user groups along with racing programs.
- Coordinate the Instructor schedules and plans for the Education Programs including Guppies, Optimist I, Optimist II, Optimist III, 420 I, 420 II, Tuesday evening Free Sail Program, Adult Lessons (Private & Group), and for special events such as PC Rec Adventure Camp, Basin Rec Camp, UOP Adventure Camp & NAC Events.
- Assist with session and class registration/check-in, including making sure all relevant forms and paperwork are present and complete.
- Follow-up as necessary with parents and guardians.
- Insure that Instructors have completed all paperwork (skipper/crew cards, Little Red Books, etc.) pertinent to the conclusion of each session. Prepare Student Certificates and coordinate other awards as necessary.
- Maintain communication with parents/guardians regarding student behavior and learning experiences.
- Write, as well as solicit from students and instructors articles for and edit the Youth Program Newsletter.
- Serve as a liaison with the Program Director: facilitate communication between the instructors, students and staff, regarding policies and procedures, enforcement of rules and safety issues, and other pertinent information or issues.
- Work with the instructors on integrating the curriculum into their class outlines, and helping them fulfill Park City Sailing’s program objectives: safety, fun, and learning. Assist as necessary in helping Instructors fulfill their job requirements, through providing critical input and feedback on teaching and class management techniques, both on the water and off.
- Assist with and manage maintenance of Park City Sailing facilities and boats – sail & power/safety.
- Oversee the Daily Log, Maintenance Log & Injury Reports.
For complete job description and to apply, please click here