Hidden sailing destinations
Team McLube

connorchandler

Dec 5, 2013, 3:33 AM

Post #1 of 2 (17986 views)
Shortcut
Hidden sailing destinations Log-In to Post/Reply

Ahoy everyone,

I am planning an awesome 2-week sailing trip for June 2014. I have sailed various locations around the world but i am looking for something new, undiscovered, off the beaten path. A place to explore. We will be 2 couples!

Any suggestions based on your experience? We don't mind distance, we just need to be able to find a charter company there to rent a boat.

sailelcie

Dec 11, 2013, 12:01 AM

Post #2 of 2 (17836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [connorchandler] Hidden sailing destinations [In reply to] Log-In to Post/Reply

Hello-
We operate a 62' sailing catamaran and will be in the Cook Islands/Niue/Tonga in June of 2014. I will include the details for Leg 2. Leg 3 in the second half of June is already fully booked. For more information you can visit our website at www(dot)elcieexpeditions(dot)com.
Best of luck with your sailing endeavors,
Cheers, Richard and Jessica Johnson

LEG 2 • Rarotonga – Palmerston Atoll – Niue – Tongatapu, Tonga May 29 – June 12, 2014 • 14 Days • 1100 NM Berths Available
This trip highlights passage making between island groups. There is a possibility of encountering reinforced trade winds in the 30 knot+ range. We will experience different island cultures in some of the more remote areas of the Pacific. Departing from Rarotonga, it should be a broad reach of 280 NM to our first stop, Palmerston Island. Located within a turquoise atoll, Palmerston is known for being one of the most welcoming places sailors will encounter. Having no airstrip and seldom visited by supply ships, we will make contact in advance and carry packages and food to the islanders. It is a further 395 NM further downwind to Niue. We hope to break this up with a stop at Beveridge reef, an undersea mountain topped by a coral atoll. Niue is a small and very friendly island, affectionately known as ‘the rock of Polynesia’. The coral island is riddled with underground caves and surrounded by colorful reefs (fantastic snorkeling and diving optional). Visiting yachts pick up a mooring in a natural indentation in the coast. The final leg of the trip is a 300 NM downwind passage to Nuku’alofa, the capital of the Kingdom of Tonga.
$ 2900 USD

Viewing the Forums: No members and guests

Search for (options) Contact Forum Forum FAQS Markup Tags Forum Rules